CH. III, thunderous vhagar

⎯GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

✾✾✾

If Lady Aurora of House Tyrell were to be asked what preparations were made for her wedding, she would not be able to answer, for she was not given a voice during them. She was hoisted into a white wedding dress, decorated with golden flowers and a tight corset which made her breath in short shallow breaths as she looked with tearful eyes in the long mirror as the Queen and her mother walked around her. Princess Helaena sat on a small stool near her feet, holding a small creature in her hands which Aurora could only describe as a spider.

"The wedding will be held in a week's time; in the meantime, you will get acquainted more with the Prince" her mother said as Aurora looked at her mother with confusion. "A week?" she asked confused, she assumed she had more time. "Yes, a week, most Lords are already present and the few that are not will be here in a week's time" Lady Tyrell said as she shook her head when they showed her another veil for her daughter. Aurora's lips quivered at her own image, dressed in pearly white with a golden necklace around her neck with the sigil of House Tyrell, she would never see Highgarden again, she would never run barefoot through the large gardens as she giggle in the early morrow when only the servants were awake, and they would keep her secret. She would never sit in the grass and read her books.

She was taken out of the tight-fitting dress before she was made to dress in a green-blue dress as she was pushed from the room. "Prince Aemond is waiting for you in the Great Hall, you shall be escorted by servants to the courting" Lady Tyrell said as she pushed Aurora to towards the Great Hall. Aurora nodded, trying to take in all the information before she looked at the large doors which led to the Great Hall. With the sleeves of her dress, she wiped away the tears threatening to spill as she was followed by a maid, who looked down as she followed.

Prince Aemond looked at the Iron Throne, his hands behind his back and leaning on one foot as the other was resting on his heel. He hummed when he looked at the seat of his family. He was a second son, he would never inherit the likes of the Iron Throne, not even Dragonstone or Oldtown were his to inherit. Nor would his children ever inherit anything, because his soon to be lady wife had been the youngest, and the second daughter.

Aurora stopped before the Prince, nervously playing with the ends of her sleeve as she cleared her throat before raising her head. Aemond turned around and watched his betrothed curtsy before him. "None of that, you are to be my lady wife, you will not have to bow before your husband" Aemond said as he turned to her. She nodded and tried to remember before he held out his arm. She shakingly took it before they walked out of the Hall. Neither spoke as Aemond walked around.

He was thinking of things to converse about, but nothing he came up with seemed topics for a lady. "Have you been to the city yet, my Lady?" Aemond asked as he looked at her, she barely reached his shoulder and her dark hair had hues of red in them from the sun. She looked up at him and shook her head. "I have not, my Prince. We arrived at the Red Keep, and I have not left it since" she said as she looked ahead as Aemond hummed once more.