CH. IV, the prince's wedding

GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

⎯GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

✾✾✾

Aurora had arrived back in her room before the door opened again to reveal her parents. She grabbed hold of her bag as she stared at them, her father strutted over and slapped her across the face. "Foolish girl!" He barked as she whimpered and touched her injured cheek. "Wondering the Street of Silk alone to be found nearly in the act by the Prince, your betroth?" he said as he stared at her, she turned away from the stare of her father as she whimpered from the pain.

"You better remember your duty and not step another toe out of line" Lord Tyrell barked before he left, Lady Tyrell looked at her daughter. "Why must you ire us so" she said before she too left. With tears streaming down her face, stinging her face, she grabbed her bag and revealed the green and slightly blue waistcoat before taking her embroidery set as she started to make a black with hints of dark green three headed dragon to represent Vhagar as she ignored all around her, hidden away in her room until she was called for dinner. She put away her work, coming further than halfway as she looked in the mirror.

Her face was stained with dried tears and her cheek was a flaming red, and under her eye a purple bruise had started to form. She quickly grabbed ointments and face coverings to hide the bruise as she looked in the mirror. "My Lady are—" her lady, Percia, asked as she gasped.

"Please, how do I hide this?" Aurora asked desperately. Percia rushed to her as she tried everything to hide it, and they had agreed it was a pretty well-done job. Aurora dried off her tears and pretended nothing happened as she went to dinner. She sat next to her family, as Prince Aemond and his sat across of House Tyrell. No one spoke and ate silently, until Lady Tyrell took the plate away from her daughter even when there was still some food left. Aurora didn't respond and wiped her mouth with the napkin as she waited for everyone else to finish their supper as music played in the background.

Prince Aegon sat closest to her and kept filling his cup with wine whenever he could, not paying attention to the awkward situation before him before he turned towards Aurora. "What happened to you?" Aegon slurred as he looked at the young Tyrell lady, whose hand immediately went to touch her face where her father's hand had connected to it. "What?" she asked confused as she looked at Aegon as everyone turned to her. Unbeknownst to her, some of the cosmetics they had used had come off, and her bruise had become visible. Prince Aemond had been the one to respond first, eyeing the mark on his betrothed's face as his eye darkened.

"Did the man do that?" he asked, his voice deep and laced with anger. Aurora, quickly, eyed her father who seemed terrified of people learning it had been him. Aurora looked at Aemond, who unfortunately for the Lord of the Reach had seen Aurora's eyes shift back and forth. Aemond stood up abruptly, his chair nearly doubling over as he did. Everyone looked at him, anticipating his next move. Aurora panicked as she looked at the one-eyed prince, her betrothed. "I must have hit myself when I was braiding my hair, my Prince" she said as she gave the Prince a weak smile, not wishing anyone to get into troubles because of her, not after the events of the day already as she watched Aemond.