one.

2005.

"Daddy?" Peter turned in his seat to see his small daughter standing behind him

"Daddy?" Peter turned in his seat to see his small daughter standing behind him. She peered up at him with her sparkling blue eyes, and had a small grin on her face that could only mean one thing - trouble. Her hands were held together behind her back as she shifted her weight between her two feet, swinging her little legs.

Peter smiled at her, "Yes, Els?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, "What is it?"

Eleanor Quill's grin grew wider, "Can we listen to your music, daddy?"

"Music! Why of course, bean," he reached over and lifted her off the floor, placing her on his knees, "What song would you like to listen to?" he pushed the hair out of her face and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"Hmmm," Eleanor thought hard, scratching the side of her head, like she saw some of the Ravagers do, "I want the one that goes "one I want ooh"."

Peter kissed her head again, "Okay, it's "you're the one that I want", Els."

"I was close."

"Yeah." Peter smiled, as he pushed the cassette into the makeshift player he had created to put into the ship for him and Eleanor.

The music started to play from the dusty speakers around the ship. Peter saw Eleanor's eyes light up, and she started to wiggle around, trying to dance in the seat. Peter wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up sharply, but still gently, causing the five-year-old to start screaming with laughter. Her laugh got louder as Peter tickled her. She kicked about in his arms, but he made sure that he didn't drop her. He placed her down on the floor gently, and took both her hands in his. He started to swing his arms to the beat.

Eleanor laughed again as her arms moved and she started to skip about. Peter let go of her hands, and watched as his daughter skipped happily around him, clapping her hands.

"You're the one that I want!" Peter sang, holding his hand out towards Eleanor, "You're the one that I want! Oh-oh-oh, honey!"

"One I want." echoed Eleanor.

Peter smiled, "Sing it, Ellie! Go on, Els!"

She sang louder, "One I want!"

Peter laughed, and Eleanor stopped skipping. She walked over to him, holding her hands up to him, "Tired."

"Must be from all that awesome dancing, bean." Peter replied, picking her up and hoisting her onto his waist. The small child wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a kiss onto his cheek.

"Prickly." She laughed, patting his beard with her hands.

"Oh, yeah?" said Peter, "Do you think I need to shave?"

Eleanor yawned and placed her head onto the side of his neck as Peter still swayed slowly to the music, "You're the one that I want. Oh-oh-oh, honey. The one that I want." he sang gently, rubbing Eleanor's back.

The song faded off, "Again?" Eleanor asked, her head popping up from Peter's neck.

He chuckled, "Maybe not. It's late and you're tired."

"'M not tired," Eleanor replied, "I just wanted a hug." She smiled at him.

"Not working, bean," He carried her into her bedroom and placed her onto her dresser, "Don't fall," He opened the bottom drawer and pulled out a pair of pyjamas. Eleanor shook her head whilst having a wide smile on her face, "What do you mean no, Els?"

"I want ... I want the other ones." She replied, fidgeting with her fingers.

Peter sighed softly, and dug through the drawer for his daughter's favourite pyjamas. They were light blue and had white polka dots on them. They were a simple pair but Eleanor didn't care. Peter helped her get changed, and he picked her up again - this time to put her into bed. The girl gave a tired smile and hugged her father around his neck, forcing him to bring his head down so she could kiss the top of his head.

Peter smiled at his daughter, and tucked the duvet in beside her shoulders just how she liked it. He pushed the hair away from her face again, before placing a kiss on her forehead. The girl snuggled down into her pillow with her small arms wrapped around her teddy.

"Goodnight, daddy." She smiled, and gave a yawn.

Peter smiled again, "You look so tired, bean. Straight to sleep, okay?"

"Okay."

"All right, then," he said, standing up, "Goodnight Els. I love you."

He backed out of the room, remembering to switch off the light as he left. Eleanor Quill fell straight to sleep as Peter headed towards the main room. He started to hum softly to himself, "Ooh child. Things are gonna get easier. Ooh child. Things'll get brighter."

As he flew the ship back to Yondu and the Ravagers, the only thought that crossed his mind was to make sure he didn't wake the little girl in the smallest pink room.