nineteen.

Eleanor placed one of her old toys in the shrine for Yondu.

When the ship had picked up both Peter and Yondu, the girl was relieved to see her dad and grandfather again, but that soon turned to devastation as she realised that Yondu was dead. Her heart broke and it killed Peter inside to hear her sob to him. Even though she was always wary about Yondu and his Ravagers, he was her family and he had taught her many things.

They prepared Yondu's body. Eleanor rested her head against her dad's shoulder and he had his arm placed around her shoulder's, keeping her close. "I told Gamora how when I was a kid I used to pretend David Hasselhoff was my dad," Drax and Rocket glanced at each other, "He's a singer and actor from Earth, really famous guy. Earlier, it struck me, Yondu didn't have a talking car, but he did have a flying arrow. He didn't have the beautiful voice of an angel but he did have the whistle of one. Both Yondu and David Hasselhoff went on kick-ass adventures and hooked up with hot women... and fought robots. I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all. Only it was you, Yondu," tears started to form in his eyes, and Gamora put a loving hand on his shoulder, "I had a pretty cool dad. What I'm trying to say here is... sometimes that thing you're searching for your whole life it's right there by your side all along. You don't even know it."

"I am Groot." Groot said sadly.

"He did call you twig." Rocket replied to him.

Yondu's body got slid into the burner. Peter and Eleanor started to walk away, but Kraglin called after them, "Captain found this for you in a junker shop. Said you'd come back to the fold someday," he handed him a small device, "It's called a Zune. It's what everybody's listening to on Earth nowadays. It's got 300 songs on it."

Peter stared at him in disbelief, "300 songs?" Kraglin nodded.

He started to walk away. "Wait," Peter called after him, pulling Yondu's arrow from his trouser pocket, "Rocket grabbed the pieces, and reassembled them. I think Yondu would want you to have it."

"Thanks... Captain."

Yondu's body disintegrated and the sparks flew out into space, like tiny fireflies lighting up the sky. He was beautiful. Eleanor sat beside her dad, watching as he scrolled through the songs on the Zune. Groot climbed up the side of the seat and walked over to the duo. He clambered onto Peter's leg and reached up for one of the earbuds. Peter handed it to him as Father And Son started to play. Eleanor gave Groot a small smile as his face lit up. She and Peter looked to where he was pointing to see Ravager ships approaching.

Peter rested Groot on his shoulder and grabbed Eleanor's hand, and the three headed up to the main part of the ship. "It's a Ravager funeral." Peter commented.

The Ravager ships started to send out fireworks, lighting up the sky as well as the song played through the whole ship.

"He didn't chase them away." commented Rocket.

"No." Peter added.

"Even though he yelled at them," Rocket continued, hanging his head, "And was always mean...."

Peter nodded.

"And he stole batteries he didn't need."

Peter looked at him with realisation on his face, "Well, of course not."

Groot reached over for Drax and Gamora handed him over. He yawned and snuggled into Drax's shoulder. Eleanor felt tears well up in her eyes as the fireworks carried on going. She felt an arm around her upper chest near her neck and a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see Peter and Gamora standing next to each other. Peter had his other arm around her shoulders and Gamora had her arm around his waist. Eleanor smiled up at them, and they smiled down at her. Gamora was finally - officially - part of her family. They looked back out at the sky and the ships, and Peter removed his arm around Eleanor for a second to flick her two ponytails in front of her face.

"I love you so much, bean," Peter whispered to her, placing a kiss on the top of her head, "You do know that, right?"

"I know," she replied whilst smiling, "I love you too, Dad."

Even though she was exhausted by the past few days and the fight that had just happened, Eleanor still managed to appreciate the funeral. The sky looked beautiful. The different colours blended perfectly together in the dark night, and so did the guardians. Even if they had their differences, and each person was not like the other, they were family.

They were family, and Eleanor was so thankful it was hers.

And I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go away 

END OF ACT TWO

Please know that I sobbed watching Yondu's funeral whilst writing this