twelve.

ONE MONTH LATER.
STILL 2014...

"Showtime, a-holes!" Peter yelled to the rest of his team, and the device in his hand beeped, "It will be here any minute

"Showtime, a-holes!" Peter yelled to the rest of his team, and the device in his hand beeped, "It will be here any minute."

"Which will be its loss." added Gamora, as she finished setting up her gun.

Peter gave her a look, "I thought your thing was a sword?"

"We've been hired to stop an interdimension beast from feeding on those batteries, and I'm gonna stop it with a sword?"

"It's just swords were your thing and guns were mine and Els." Peter replied, pretending to be salty.

Eleanor smiled from the other side of Peter, "I don't mind if she wants to use a gun. I think that it would be easier for all of us."

Gamora pointed at the girl, "See!"

"Remember, she tried to murder us, Els," complained Peter, and Eleanor and Gamora rolled their eyes, "and you're taking her side!"

"Yeah, she doesn't complain about me not doing anything around the ship," Eleanor replied, "You nag all the time."

Gamora smiled smugly at Peter before shifting her attention to the other green alien of the team, "Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs?"

"It hurts."

"It hurts?"

Drax glanced sideways, giving her a stare, "I have sensitive nipples."

Rocket burst into laughter, "My nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!" he mocked Drax.

"What about him?" Drax said, outraged at the mockery, "What's he doing?"

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work." replied Rocket. Drax pulled a face, "How is that a priority?"

"Blame Quill!" Rocket yelled, "He's the one who loves music so much!"

"No, I actually agree with Drax on this," Peter confirmed, and Drax pointed at him, "That's hardly important right now."

"Oh, okay," Rocket said, winking with the eye that was closest to Drax, "Sure, Quill."

"No, seriously, I side with Drax."

Rocket continued winking, "No, I understand that. You're being very serious right now."