fourteen.

"And who the hell are you?" Peter replied.

The man smiled, "I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego, and I'm your dad, Peter."

Eleanor looked over at Peter, her eyes wide. This weird looking old man was her grandfather? She was glad to see Peter also looking shocked.

By nightfall, the strange man and the antenna woman had been welcomed by the whole group and a campfire had been started. They were sitting around the flames and Ego explained to Peter about everything, "I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why."

"Well, I'll tell you why," replied Peter, "Because I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't. Same with Els. It made it easier for thievin'."

Ego gave him a soft smile, "Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since."

"I thought Yondu was your father." added Drax.

Peter turned to him, confused, "What? We've been together this whole time and you thought Yondu was my actual blood relative?"

"You look exactly alike."

Rocket added to the conversation, "One's blue!"

Gamora looked over at Ego, "How'd you locate us now?"

"Well, even where I reside, out past the edge of what's known we've heard tell about the man they call Star-Lord. What say we head out there right now? Your associates are welcome. Even that triangle-faced monkey there."

Rocket glared.

"I promise you it's unlike any other place you've ever seen," continued Ego, "And there I can explain your very special heritage. Finally get to be the father, and grandfather-" he looked over at Eleanor, "I've always wanted to be."

He walked away, excusing himself. Peter looked over at Gamora, "I'm not buying it." Gamora took Peter on a walk.

"You know, small Quill," Drax said, looking over at Eleanor, "You remind me of my daughter."

"Really?" Eleanor smiled.

The woman with antennae looked over at Drax, "I am Mantis." she smiled.

"What are you doing?"

"Smiling," replied Mantis, "I hear it is the thing to do to make people like you."

"Not if you do it like that."

"You're leaving me with that fox?" Nebula yelled to Gamora the next morning.

"He's not a fox," replied Gamora, and she and Eleanor walked past, "Shoot her if she does anything suspicious," Rocket grumbled, "Or if you feel like it."

She and Eleanor crouched down in front of Groot, who was staring sadly down at the floor. Eleanor felt really bad for leaving him, but she wanted to go with her dad and Gamora to learn more about her grandfather and who her dad actually was.

"Hey," Gamora said to Groot, wiping his tears, "It'll be just a couple of days. We'll be back before Rocket's finished fixing the ship."

"And remember," added Eleanor, smiling, "You're in charge."

The two stood up and walked away, holding hands. Eleanor looked back to see Groot waving to them and her heart shattered again. He looked so upset. Eleanor had a small bag on her back of just her essentials as in Peter's bigger bag there was the majority of her stuff she was taking.

The ship's door closed behind them as they stepped inside. Drax had a big bag on his back and two more in his hands. "Why'd you have so much stuff?" Eleanor asked, and he sighed. "I don't want Groot playing with my stuff." Eleanor laughed.

The ship rose up into the air. Eleanor placed her bag down on the floor with the others and started to explore the ship. She spotted Gamora wandering around as well but knew better than to sneak up behind a trained assassin, so she just called her over, "Hey, Gamora!" The green woman walked over and sat down next to her, "What do you think of this whole thing, Els?" she asked the girl.

Eleanor shrugged, "I dunno. It's all a bit weird in my opinion, but if Dad wants to meet his dad then that's okay because I understand," she kicked her feet and clicked her knuckles nervously, "I wanna meet my mom, but if I don't then I'm okay with it, because I have you." she smiled softly at Gamora.

"You'll meet her someday," Gamora replied, "Now let's go find your dad."

He was with Drax and the new woman, Mantis.

"Quill and I have a bet." Drax explained to Mantis.

"Dude!" Peter yelled, "You're not supposed to say that!"

"I say that if you are about to go through a doorway that is too low, your antenna will feel this, and keep you from being decapitated."

"Right," said Peter, "And if it's anything other than you specifically not being decapitated by a doorway, I win."

"They are not for feeling doorways," answered Mantis, and Drax groaned as Peter laughed, "I think they have something to do with my empathic abilities."

"What are those?" Gamora asked, and Eleanor took a seat next to Peter, burrowing into his side. He wrapped his arm around her, and she smiled up at him.

"If I touch someone, I can feel their feelings," explained Mantis, holding out a hand to Peter, "May I?" he accepted, "You feel love."

"Yeah, I guess that's because my daughter's here." Peter quickly said.

"No!" Mantis interrupted, and Eleanor nudged Peter sharply, "Romantic, sexual love," Peter tried to deny it as he rubbed his side, "For her!" Eleanor snorted loudly as Mantis pointed at Gamora. She started to laugh uncontrollably at the look Gamora gave him. Drax started to laugh also.

"She just told everyone your deepest, darkest secret!" Drax yelled, and when Mantis touched him, she also began to laugh and point at Peter.

"So unbelievably uncool." Peter muttered, and Eleanor smiled up, as she now had her head on the seat from laughing too hard.

"Don't worry, Dad, you never were."

"Has this just turned into bully Dad?" Peter grumbled, and Eleanor grinned.