eleven.

Eleanor Quill groaned as she opened her eyes.

The throbbing in the back of her head had become more persistent. She had multiple scars littered over her face and a large gash above her eyebrow. She rolled around on the stone and dust, concluding that nothing was broken. She slowly lifted her head and the throbbing became worse. Ignoring the pain in her head, she sat up shifting onto her elbows. Looking around her, she could see little bits of branches. Groot had died saving them.

'I owe you one'

She would never be able to repay his favour.

There was a figure illuminated by purple coming through the smoke. Eleanor groaned, "How is that bitch still alive?"

"You killed Groot!" Rocket yelled, screaming as he ran towards Ronan but he just got blasted back by the glowing purple stone inside Ronan's hammer.

"Behold!" Ronan yelled to the crowd, "Your guardians of the galaxy," he pointed to the various alive bodies scattered across the ground, "What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand." he held the hammer above his head, chanting in his own language.

"O-o-h, child, things are gonna get easier!" Peter started to sing, and Eleanor shifted her body over to look at him, and most likely laugh, "O-o-h, child, things'll get brighter. Listen to these words," he started to shake his hips and point his finger at Ronan, "O-o-h child, things are gonna get easier," Ronan slowly pulled the hammer back towards him, "O-o-h child, things'll get brighter."

He started to dance, "Now bring it down hard! Some day, you put it together and get it undone."

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked.

Peter looked over at him, whilst shaking his hips again, "Dance-off, bro. Me and you."

Eleanor remembered the times that she and Peter would have their own 'dance-off's'. Of course Peter let her win as she was just a young child, but seeing him do them again made her smile. Even if it was to distract a mad lunatic who was trying to explode the entire universe.

"Gamora," he held his hand out to her but she didn't take it. Instead she just stared at him, "Subtle. Take it back."

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked, angrier.

"I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom."

Eleanor turned her head to see Drax standing holding a gun. Rocket stood next to him, holding the two wires, whilst bearing his teeth in some kind of sick smile. He pulled the two pieces of wire together and Drax fired a bullet from the gun. It hit the hammer, causing it to smash. Peter dived for the purple stone at the same time Ronan went to grab it.

"No!" Gamora yelled. Eleanor didn't know why she was screaming.

Peter wrapped his hand around the stone and for a second, Eleanor smiled. Peter started to scream as the power from the stone spread over his body. Eleanor's smile faded quickly, and she pushed up from the floor a little too quickly for her liking. Ignoring her spinning head, she stumbled over to Gamora, collapsing against the woman.

A large cloud of purple covered around them. Eleanor gasped as Peter's skin started to burn, and she buried her head into Gamora's arm. "Peter!" Gamora yelled, "Take my hand!" She leapt towards him, "Take my hand!" And Peter held it. Gamora let out a scream, and Eleanor covered her ears. Then she spotted Drax - inching towards Peter and he put his hand onto his shoulder. Eleanor shuffled towards Gamora, her hand shielding her eyes from the glow of the purple stone.