thirteen.

Eleanor sat down in her seat.

"All right, let's get baldy to Xandar and collect that bounty." Rocket said.

Eleanor smiled at Rocket's nickname, and picked up the book from the little shelf beside her. It was her fifth book about Terra, "Hey, Rocket. Did you know that the closest planet to Terra is Mercury?"

"What's Mercury?"

"Another planet."

An alarm started to blare through the ship. Peter sat down in his chair, "This is weird. We've got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear."

"Why would they do that?" Gamora asked, sitting down whilst trying to get Eleanor's attention. She pointed to the girl's seatbelt.

"Probably because Rocket stole some of their batteries." replied Drax. Rocket looked at him annoyed as Peter turned his head at the raccoon, "Dude!" Rocket yelled.

"Right. He didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us. What a mystery this is."

Eleanor jolted forwards as bullets went flying past. Peter immediately grabbed onto the wheel  and started to dodge around the bullets.

"What were you thinking?" Peter yelled.

Rocket scowled, "Dude, they were really easy to steal! Come on! You saw how that High Priestess talked down to us. Now I'm teaching her a lesson!"

"More incoming!"

"Good!" Rocket yelled, "I wanna kill some guys!"

He started to yell as he shot at the other ships. Gamora scowled at him, "You're not killing anyone. All those ships are remotely piloted."

"What's the nearest habitable planet?" Peter asked.

Gamora looked at a screen, "It's called Berhert."

"How many jumps?"

"Only one. But the access point is 47 clicks away. And you have to go through that quantum asteroid field."

Eleanor looked out the right window and her jaw dropped, "We're all gonna die."

Peter turned towards it and the fleet of shooting ships followed after.

"Quill, to make it through that you'd have to be the greatest pilot in the universe." Drax commented.

Peter smiled, "Lucky for us, I..."

Rocket interrupted, shifting the main pilot to him, "I am."

Peter shifted the pilot back to him. "What are you doing?" Rocket asked him.

"I've been flying this rig since I was 10 years old."

"I was cybernetically engineered to pilot a spacecraft!"

"You were cybernetically engineered to be a douchebag!"

"Stop it." Gamora warned them.