Chapter 5

"So what are you doing here?" Tess asked Noah who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. "Hey! I'm talking to you" she said while waving her hand in front of his face to get him back to reality.

"Sorry, I was just thinking...what did you ask?" he looked up at her face with a slight grin 

  "what are you doing here?" Tess asked again 

"oh! actually our band was invited to this party to sing" he said still thinking 

"why didn't you tell me?" 

"I mean, we weren't really sure if we were going to accept it or not so we thought it's of no use actually" Noah replied honestly. "So how're you enjoying the party?" he asked her 

"um, we just got here not so long ago...nothing much has happened" tess replied with a wild grin on her face.

Before Noah was about to reply, he was called up to the stage to perform by the host. "I need to go now, baby doll" he said while giving her a peck on the cheeks and rushed out to where the rest of the people were.

Tess could still not  apprehend  what had happened 

"he kissed me" she whispered , not exactly a kiss kiss but he gave me a peck. She was blushing a lot. 

"Where were you?" For how long will it take you to use the bathroom" Claire and Kelvin looked at her with worried eyes. 

"It's nothing actually, I bumped into someone on the way..."she replied sluggishly

Their attention was moved when Noah and his band mates started playing. Tess could not take her eyes off Noah for once..she was day dreaming about him and the moment they had just had before his performance. She didn't know why but she couldn't stand it when other girls were talking about how handsome he is. She wanted to go gauge out their eyeball. 

"pathethic girls"  she thought to herself 

Once the performance was  done, everyone had now sang happy birthday to the birthday girl and gave their gifts. Suddenly, the lights were dim and music could be heard. They had played one of my favourite songs "UNTIL I FOUND YOU by Stephen Sanchez" before I knew it everyone around me took their partners and started dancing. 

"Would you have this dance with me, Your Highness" I turned to see Noah with his hand forward asking me to dance with him. 

I think I'm dreaming, but i snapped I heard him say "I'll take your silence as a yess" I chuckled slightly and put my hand in his and he took me to the dance floor. 

He wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands around my waist. I could feel butterflies in my tummy when his hands moved slightly down at my lower back.

" What is this guy doing to me?"she asked herself. I have never felt this way before. What is this feeling?. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Noah's voice

"What are you thinking of, baby doll?" he asked and I told him it's nothing. "You know..you're very beautiful, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you here in this dress and your face glowing. I was like, where's my bookworm girl? 'cause you looked so damn hot!" 

I couldn't say anything..I was speechless, I didn't know what to say "T-thank you!" I managed to say while blushing. 

"I'm sorry if  I made you feel uncomfortable, I didn't mean to" he said looking worried.

"no, it's okay.. I'm just not used to compliment..I don't believe it when people tell me I'm beautiful" I replied honestly. 

"Why? You really are beautiful. You're gorgeous" he said 

"I don't believe it" I replied sadly 

"It's okay, don't think about it..let's just dance" 

The song had changed to another favourite song of mine "THOSE EYES by New West" Noah and I had changed positions. MY head was now resting on the crook of Noah's neck and his hands were on my waist. We stayed like that for about 30 minutes  before my phone had rung. It was Claire asking me where I was and telling me that she's going home. 

"Who was that?" Noah asked. "It was Claire, my friend. She just wanted to know where I was and inform me that she's going home"

"oh okay" Noah said "Let's go and see the boys" 

******

"Bryan that's too much" Noah scolded his friend 'cause he was taking too much alcohol. 

Noah and I had gone to his apartment and we saw the boys playing FIFA while drinking, Bryan had drunk too much so Noah scolded him and the others. Zack was just there emotionless with a book in his hands and reading like nothing serous is happening, well i guess nothing serious is really happening.

Noah and I had stepped outside and left the boys to continue what they were doing.

"Why do you think you're not beautiful?" Noah asked all of a sudden

"Well, I'm just insecure about my body and I think I'm fat, when I see other pretty girls out there..I can't compare actually" I replied

"You shouldn't be insecure, you have a really nice body  and you're not fat.. you're just thick." He said and I stared at him 'cause I don't believe and I just don't know what to say.

"Look, Tess you're an amazing person.. you're cute, beautiful, pretty and you have the cutest voice and smile I've ever seen" he said with a big grin "everyone has flaws, it's just left for you make use of your strengths to cover your weakness..let people see the positive side of you and that's just enough to cover your flaws"

"Like your eyes, your cute smile, your pretty lips, your voice, your kindness, your sense of humour, your laugh and your smile, all these and many other things are just enough for people to like you and want to know you" he said with all honesty

"I try but sometimes I just think otherwise" I say as tears well up at the corner of my eyes

"It's okayy don't cry.. I'm here for you, baby doll" he says as he wrapped his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug

Noah and I hug for what seems like ages before I pull away " I-i'm sorry" I say. Noah doesn't say anything but he comes a little closer while looking at me. "I need to go home" I blurt before rushing out.

****
Hmm.. seems like someone is catching feelings...
😂❤️Aww!
Guys thanks for reading this chapter..pls like and comment if you think it's okay

Bye!🥰