summer time ice

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again. I can promise you that much." I sighed as their mom talked to the cops. Conrad sat on the couch, Belly beside him standing up, Steven was by the stairs and then there's me and Jeremiah standing up. He has an arm wrapped around me making sure I don't fall.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town."

"Of course. Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers."

"How could you be so irresponsible?"

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire."

"Not a big deal?"

"Yes." Steven said walking over to his mom.

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a big deal, Steven."

"Were- were you guys, you guys smoking tonight?"

"What?" I looked between the guys, Conrad didn't seem fazed by this. "Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch."

"Well, I wasn't yelling."

"Well, you-you-you were."

"Just so you know, Laurel, I wasn't drinking tonight, neither was Lila. I was DD, I swear."

"You're the oldest." We all looked at Conrad. "What the hells gotten into you?" Now we look at Belly. "And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing? And Lyra, what happened to your foot?"

"Okay, lot of questions..."

"It's Taylors."

"And she twisted her ankle."

"It hurts. So can we-'

"And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?"

"It's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going. How the hell did you even get there?"

"I walked."

"Jesus. You know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night."

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?"

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one."

"Then maybe you guys should, too." Conrad spoke up.

"What does that mean?" Conrad stayed silent making us confused on what he meant. "I hope you realize this night could have ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family."

"We're sorry, Laur."

"Just... go to bed, guys. And put ice on your leg."

"Yes ma'am."

"I'll help you up and then get you an icepack."

"Thanks," He helped me up the stairs and sat me on my bed. I watched him leave before pulling out my phone. 1:20, great. I laid back on my bed sighing.

"You okay?" I looked up seeing Steven.

"No, but I will be. Sorry for ruining your night."

"No, no. I had fun, other than Belly showing up, but.. I met a girl."

"Shayla? She seems sweet."

"She is."

"You know a lot of fights could have been avoided if you'd just let Belly come."

"Lye."

"You weren't fine with me coming too, but you still let me."

"Because Jer-"