summer time fun

I woke up to Jere's closed eyes, I snuggled closer smiling to myself. "Hm, morning."

"Morning." I giggled as he opened his eyes softly looking down at me. "So handsome." I raised my hands to his face tracing every part of it.

"Hm. All yours." I smiled more leaning up to kiss him softly which he hummed into, bringing a hand to my cheek as I did so. "I could get use to this."

"Does this mean we're together? Like dating?"

"I want to. Unless you don't want to make this-"

"I do."

"Good. Would've freaked if you said no." I sat up giggling at the boy, I stretched getting out the bed. "Where you going?"

"Coffee, want some?"

"I'll come with."

"Okay." I walked out the room, Jere hot on my heels. I walked down my smile fading as I see Taylor sitting at the bar with Belly. Right the volleyball tournament.

"Morning." Belly said grabbing my arm and then Taylors. "Borrowing your girlfriend!" I smiled at the word girlfriend before sitting down on a chair outside.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yup." I looked away from her looking at the gravel.

"Okay guys, you two are my best friends please figure this out."

"Okay, okay. Lyra I'm sorry for the way I treated you, it wasn't fair. I was just upset and jealous. And I don't need to know the reason why you come, I'm sure it's a good one."

"Okay... I had time to think about it. I forgive you."

"Yay. She forgives me."

"Great."

"Now about the Jeremiah girlfriend thing."

"We kissed the other day in the pool.. and kissed some more. Made it official today."

"Aweeee. That's cute."

"So, Conrad asked to escort me to the ball."

"What? Was he cool about it or was he nervous? Or was he, like, begging?"

"Connie? Begging that I'd love to see."

"He was not begging. But he was kind of nervous, though."

"This just makes things all the more exciting because you get to tell him no." We looked at Bells seeing she obviously didn't agree with Taylor. "Belly, you are telling him no, okay? Because need not I remind you of the bullshit Conrad pulled last week."

"Yeah, I know, I know. What do you think I should do?"

"Go. You've been dying to go with Conrad. He's asking you. Say yes." I told her.

"You're right, now come on we need to get ready for this tournament."

"Okay, go." I watched them walk in as Jere walked out.

"All good?"

"All good." He helped me up before sitting down placing me on his lap.  "We should probably go get ready."

"Yeah, you make a good point." I got up making him whine.

"I'll see you in a bit." I walked inside running up to my room, I threw on a supporting team Belly shirt and ran to see Connie smiling at me. "What?"

"Nothing just glad one of us is going after the person we want. He seems even happier somehow. Thank you."

"I heard you asked Belly to the deb."