summer time dream

"Hey, watch out for jellyfish. I do not want to have to pee on any of you guys." Gigi said as she came back from the bathroom.

"The other two girls missed out. I know. I figured Dara wouldn't, but Marissa?"

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Nicole."

"Yeah?"

"Conrad's texting you."

"Okay, coming."

"This is so nice. Have to admit, I like your friends."

"I knew you would."

"They all seem down with you and Jeremiah. Even Gigi, whose veins just about exploded when she heard." We all laughed a bit, I sighed looking up at the stars.

"I knew they were bitches." I looked back at Taylor as she swam to the doc.

"What's happening? Wait. Taylor, what's going on?"

"They took everything. Except for your phone, which has a really incriminating text from Conrad."

"Wait, what does it say?" We swam over to her, placing our arms on the doc.

"'My mom did ask me to ask you to the ball, but that's not why I did it. I did it because I wanted to.'"

"Oh, my God."

"As always, shitty timing Conrad."

"Belly, concentrate."

"What?"

"Belly."

"What? Okay, okay, okay. W-Well, wh-what do we do? I mean, we cannot walk home naked."

"It-it could be worse."

"Taylor."

"We're going. What could be worse than this?"

"Okay. Wh...What about that?" I asked pointing to a boat cover.

"One of us have to get out to get it."

"Not it." Me and Belly said at the same time.

"Such children." She got out running to the tarp quickly running back. I got out next then holding up room for Belly.

"This is so bad. So bad." I mumbled as we walked down the street.

"I knew those girls were shit."

"Okay, enough. Okay, I get it. You were right."

"We're gonna be, like, murdered."

"I can't walk two more miles." I stated as my feet began to hurt.

"No, but this is why Conrad's a disaster. Like, he's hot and mysterious. You know. I get it. I know. But everything he touches turns to total shit."

"Yeah. I-I don't know why I keep letting him suck me in. It's just like, today, he was like the old Conrad and-and everything, it felt just like it used to. You know? I, um, I used to dream about Conrad and imagine what it would be like, and I felt safe. Because, you know, it was never gonna come true. He would never feel for me what I feel for him."

"I know that feeling, I felt like that with Jer. When Jeremiah and I kissed, it was real. And real is-is, like... scary. But isn't love supposed to be a little scary?"

"Yeah, you're right. I'm always right, like, 100% of the time at least. Can you call Jer now?"

"Yeah, on it."

"Thank God." She dialed his number and handed me the phone.

"Hey Jer."

"Wassup... Lila?"