summer time awkward

"May I present The Belly Special." She handed some of the girls drinks while I handed Nicole hers.

"Ooh, very nice. Those look awesome."

"Uh, we saved you the inflatable unicorn. Um, Lyra we didn't have any more seats so you'll have to sit on the sand."

"Nonsense, come here." Jere grabbed my hand sitting me on his lap.

"Thanks." Conrad got up and took the whole gallon of the drink.

"It's not a race, Con."

"Yeah, save some for the rest of us, please."

"Okay, wait, wait, wait. But what if it was a race? I mean, isn't that... isn't... Isn't that the premise of, like, every drinking game?"

"You want to play a drinking game?"

"Why not? I mean, it's the Fourth of July, right?"

"Fuck it. Let's do it." We all sat in a circle.

"Wait, Lyra don't you need a drink?"

"Hm oh me and Jere are sharing. Not much of a drinker."

"Oh, okay." We all began to play the quarter game, Flip the quarter into the cup chose someone to drink.  After the game us girls danced and the boys played hacky sack. We then decided to sit at the peer and watch the water. The girls did their chit chat as I watched the boys play football.

"I don't get Conrad." I turned my attention to Nicole. "It's, like, one minute he's all over me, and he stays over, but then we don't even fuck, right? And then this morning, he's, like, super into me, he's all over me, and now he's like, 'Oh, football.'"

"Yeah, no, he's really hard to read sometimes." Belly laughed for a second. "Like all the time."

"Yeah."

"I think he's just dealing with a lot. I'm sure his dad being here isn't really helping." I explained to her.

"Do you really think he likes me?"

"Yeah. Yeah, totally. I mean, he talks about you a lot."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Mm-hmm."

"Hi." I looked up at Cam as he handed Belly a water. "You may want to hydrate. Water."

"Cam Cameron, you are so sweet. Isn't he sweet?"

"Mm-hmm. Uh, do you want to go for a walk on the beach?"

"Belly, by the way, I love that dress."

"Really? Thanks, I... Taylor got it for me, actually."

"Mm, Taylor has great taste."

"Yeah, I know, right? She totally does. Oh, my God. You know what?You and Taylor are, like, twins." Oh no.  "Because you're both mega-fashiony."

"It's true. It's true."

"And you're both, like... baddies, wouldn't you... Baddies. And you both like the same summer boys, which is..."

"We do?"

"Oh boy, Cam."

"Yeah. Come on. Let's go for that walk." He helped her up but she refused.

"No, no, no, Cam. Yeah. I'm talking. One sec. Look, Shayla, like, don't worry, because my brother is an idiot. And it didn't mean anything. It didn't mean anything."

"Let's go for that walk."

"Wait, what didn't mean anything?"

"Uh, them-them kissing."