𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❤︎︎

June 7, 2022

At around 7:30, dd walked into his first period, alone this time.

Usually, he walked into the class with someone who people knew as his other half.

He would always walk into class with a goofy smile on his face, one arm wrapped around her shoulder.

This time he sat in his seat, a gloomy tired look placed upon his face. He hadn't been able to sleep a lot knowing that him and nevaeh were at odds.

He laid his head on his desk, some of the stray hairs falling from his silk pressed low ponytail.

Tomorrow would mark their 5th year friendship-anniversary.

dd would always do something for nevaeh to mark the day that she came into his life and made everything significantly better.

5 years earlier - Anderson middle school.

12 year old David sat in the cafeteria, by himself waiting for his little brother ethan.

He stared down at the android in his hands when he heard a loud bang on the table.

He snapped his head up to the significantly bigger brown skin boy that was presented in front of him.

"Why you sitting by ya self lil bro?" He laughed as dd stayed silent.

"Damn is he sped or something?" One of the people behind him said. David felt himself get hot in embarrassment.

"Nah this nigga skinny as hell too." He said staring directly at his lanky arms.

He looked down at his arms as he slightly teared up at the non stop jokes they were sending his way.

His head shot up when he felt someone wrap their arm around his shoulder.

He expected it to be Ethan but instead it was a light skin girl with thick glasses and two puffs in her hair, a brown skin girl next to her.

"Richie, get your big ass on somewhere." She said as he jerked his head back.

"B- shut your big ass up big back hoe." They girl next to her cut him off as he smacked his teeth.

"Whatever." He mumbled walking away from the table.

The girl removed her arm from around his shoulder as he sighed in relief.

"Thank you." He mumbled, looking back down into his lap.

"Your welcome, what's your name?" She asked sweetly and David could've fallen for her right then and there.

"David or you can call me dd." He said shyly, honestly kicking his feet in his brain.

"Well I'm nevaeh and this is myah, my best friend." She smiled as the other girl waved and smiled, causing him to wave back.

Ethan came rushing behind him, sitting on the opposite side of dd.

"My bad I was in the restroom my stomach- who is this?" He asked finally spotting nevaeh and myah.