Chapter 2 - Roman Archer

I couldn't believe it. In fact, I repeatedly blinked, hoping this was a bad dream or I was having some form of seizure. But I wasn't. There he was, standing in an expensive suit, in an expensive Northbank hotel and looking as smart as ever.

"How the hell did you find me?" I demanded, throwing my handbag and overnight bag on the chair beside the door.

"The internet is a marvellous invention, Mia." But, he mused, with that smirk he did when he wanted to be lovable and charming, that shit won't work with me.

"Firstly, don't call me Mia," I pointed at him. "Secondly, did you know it was me?"

He went to open his mouth to speak, but I answered for him.

"Of course you did. Roman Archer is obsessive, and this will be a plan. Is this a way for you to show me how wealthy you are? Because I have to tell you, Sunshine, I am wealthy too, and I am doing just fine."

I was mortified my ex-boyfriend had booked me knowing I was who he was getting—sadistic Bastard.

"Ame-"

I cut him off again. "You know what? Fuck you, how dare you try to pay for me! I am leaving whatever you have paid for tonight. I will reimburse you." I hissed.

I grabbed my handbag to leave. He remained silent as I reached the doorknob. But, curiosity always got the best of me. I turned to look at him again. He stood as cool and as calm as he always did.

"Why? Why did you do this, Roman?" I asked him.

"I need a professional." He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, I can give you the number for a couple of really good girls. Because this bitch will probably stab you as soon as you turn your back."

I was mad, hell, I was angry. But, no, I was hurting. I admittedly was still nursing the scars he inflicted when he left me when he decided he needed to concentrate on his career.

"Then I will remember never to have my back to you." He replied.

"I'm not biting," I lied. "I am not sleeping with you, Roman. I am leaving." I turned again to leave this time; I was leaving. Roman Archer was not having any more of my time.

I violently pulled the door open, but a force slammed it shut. My heart raced as I recognised the familiar scent, the cologne he used when he wanted to impress.

"I swear," I hissed as I felt him behind me, looking up slightly to see his suited arm above my head, his palm flat on the door. "If you don't let me go, I will scream the entire city down."

I swallowed back the lump forming, and after a long pause, a long while of nothingness, he removed his hand.

"Amelia," His voice was low and soft. "I have a proposition for you. Hear me out."

My head was telling me to run and never look back. My call girl alter ego, Aria, told me this was dangerous and I should leave. They were the realistic part of me. The stupid, romantic and heartbroken wanted to hear out Roman. She was Mia, and she was the reason I got hurt in the first place.

I felt him move away from me, just as my mobile sang in my handbag. I turned from the door, placed my bags back on the chair and rooted through the handbag to find my work phone. I never looked at Roman, but I felt his eyes watch me.

"Hello?" I answered, trying to sound as calm as I could.

"Hello, Aria, just calling to check in everything, okay?" Elena answered.