Chapter 8- The Archer Clan

"Shit!" I heard Roman hiss as he quickly attached his hand to my hip and pulled me closer to him.

"Mia?" Maddie was just as striking as she was way back when and so petite. Dark almost black hair was in lush waves that fell below her shoulders. She raced towards us, wide-eyed in shock.

"Maddie." I beamed at her. She ran towards me in a huge hug. As she hugged me tight I noticed beyond her shoulder the surprised faces of Maddie and Roman's family.

Her brilliant eyes were wide on me as she pulled away but her hands held my elbows, she eyed me up and down.

"Mia, I can not believe you are here and with Roman?" She fluttered her eyes from me to Roman who stood behind me.

"Hello, Maddie." I heard his smooth voice behind me, she let go of my elbows just as Roman snaked one arm around my back to my hip.

"You kept this quiet." Maddie scolded her older brother, but her eyes went back to me.

"Roman asked me to be his plus one, but if-"

"Mia! I am delighted you are here. Mum is going to hug you so tight you may die from lack of oxygen." She laughed as she forced her arm around my waist, forcing Roman away from us.

I smiled warmly as I noticed some of Roman's family standing ahead of me, dressed smartly.

"Amelia?" Grayson Archer said my name like he had seen a ghost from the past, I supposed that was exactly what I was. He looked so much like Roman, dark intense eyes, his hair that was once dark was now a silver colour. He hadn't changed.

"Mr Archer," I greeted him formally. He gently took my outstretched hand and shook it before placing a kiss on the back of it like the gentleman he always was.

"Amelia, call me Grayson, you should know that." He scolded. He gently placed his hand on the small of my back to guide me to the group, Maddie walking with us.

"Well, well, Mia," Blake teased his vibrant blue eyes on me, his height still astounded me and his muscular build. "You are like a bad penny whenever we think you are gone you come back." He laughed.

"Nice to see you too Blake." I laughed as I noticed Roman had joined our little group.

"You too, nice to see my brother has come to his senses and found you. Mum is gonna freak out."

I noticed we were standing in the entranceway of a fine dining restaurant. It was quiet, not many tables had patrons, but a long table at the back was half full of people. I heard Charlotte, Roman's mum, talking to someone before I saw her.

"Mum!" Maddie shouted across the restaurant and my eyes found Charlotte. She had her dyed blonde hair in a neat bun, dressed in an elegant red dress. Her mouth fell open at the sight of me.

"Amelia Hart?" She looked puzzled just like Grayson, a look like a ghost had walked into the room. But, then she smiled like a mother seeing her child after they had left for University. "Amelia, sweetheart!" She held her arms out and hugged me as if I hadn't been away for years.

"Mrs-"

"Don't you dare, Amelia, I'm still Charlotte to you Dear," She pulled away from me, she pressed her lips together and she looked so happy. She turned to Roman and pulled him in for a hug. "You and Amelia when did this happen?" She scolded him as she pulled away. "How could you keep her a secret from us?"

I watched as Roman rolled his eyes and sighed. I linked his arm and laced his fingers in mine.

"It's all my fault," I smiled looking at Charlotte. "I didn't want to rush things, you know take this slow. But, I was thrilled to be invited to come to watch Maddie get married."