Chapter 3 - Lexi's Granny Pants

"Absolutely everything could go wrong!" Lexi had spent the last half an hour yelling at me as I was attempting to pack.

She sat on the bed where my suitcase was open ready for my things, As I threw in a nightdress, a chemise or anything for that matter she, like a two-year-old, threw it all out again.

"Will you stop it!" I groaned at my best friend as I picked up the pale pink satin night shorts and matching pale pink satin cami top.

"No!" Lexi shook her head letting her naturally curly dark hair bounce. "Rule one in escorting Mia, never fuck your ex for money! Especially ones who literally tore your heart in two."

Lexi was right, that was rule one. Rule two was never to let a client know too much. Roman knew nearly everything about me. He could tell you who my parents are, where I grew up and so many secrets.

"His offer was-"

"Outrageous, this prick clearly has an ulterior motive Mia, I mean three million? That is obscene considering he is taking you to New York!"

I wish I hadn't called Lexi, I wish I had texted her from the plane or something. She was reading out the printed version of the contract.

"Did you read this?" She demanded as I wrapped the wire of my hair straighteners, I nodded before placing them carefully in the suitcase.

"I have, yes Lexi I'm not an idiot." I laughed a little, but she wasn't laughing as she held up the paper and pointed at a section with her finger.

"After ten days the situation is to be reviewed and if deemed necessary the contract may be extended, this is crazy!"

"Yes, I had Roman clarify that via email," I answered as I turned to go to my dresser picking up my lotions, potions, makeup and perfumes that I would need.

"Pfft, and what was his assholey reply?" She scoffed as I continued to pack the oval vanity case.

"That it would end on the tenth day, but it was a precaution in case something came up. But, he assured me that was not going to happen."

She humphed at my reply as she continued to scrutinise the contract.

"You know he might ask you to sleep with him, it says you will share a bedroom to make the lie believable." She explained, but that was a fact I already had embraced in my mind.

"I know, Lex," I replied as I put the vanity case in the suitcase.

"Fuck! Mia! Are you serious? Sleeping with your ex? This guy broke your heart, he-"

"I know!" I shouted as I threw a hairbrush carelessly into the bag, her almond coloured eyes looking at me. "He did break my heart and I will never forgive him. But I am no fool Lexi, he can not hurt me twice I won't let him. If we do sleep together it will be because of that damn contract and not because of the past."

I took a deep breath as I picked up the underwear I had already picked out, matching sets of bras and panties, basque type bodysuits all made by me. Silky cami tops and shorts and chemise nightdresses.

"Oh no!" She grabbed the items from my hands.

"What now?" I sighed putting my hands on my hips as she threw the items on my dressing table chair and went to my underwear drawer.

"You are practically giving him the come on with these." She continued to rummage in my drawer.

"They are my workwear," I chuckled. "I wear them for clients, what are you looking for?" As she continued to dig through my drawer.