04

CHAPTER FOUR AURELIA
Two days passed since the whole coffee incident, Vera, Angelina and I spent a lot of time together, except the time where we had classes, since we were on different years.

"This is bullshit," I mutter into the phone, Angelina's laugh meets my ears and amusement lightens up my body, mixed with my anger that's currently spiking, The assholes' voices are getting louder and louder to the point where I can't even concentrate.

An hour ago, we decided that we were going to call each other to quite literally force ourselves to study, it worked for about fifteen minutes then Their arrival ruined it all.

And for the past few minutes I've been trying to concentrate and failing, I huff out a breath of frustration, "Are those guys with us at college?" Vera asks, crunching on something, "I don't know and I don't care I just want to punch them in the face." I state, face twisted in annoyance.

"Okay look, I'll go downstairs to make something for dinner 'cause I'm hungry, and shout a bit, I'll call you back." I explain, "You tell ''em if those motherfuckers don't shut up, throw their clothes away." Angelina says and I can't help the smile stretching over my face when Vera adds, "Yeah not to—that extent, yelling at them would be great." She suggests and I laugh.

We all end the call seconds later, I stand up, walking towards my closet as I grab a cardigan, i brush my hair roughly with my fingers and start walking along this annoyingly long hallway.

I finally arrive at the living room, where all four men are sprawled on the couch, Rowan is now screaming over god knows what on whatever game they're playing, and my brother is yelling too, they're probably the only two who are playing, they seem too in the mood, Silas looks annoyed as his eyes flit to them every now and then, like he's judging them, Elias's eyes are on his phone, not an ounce of emotion on his face.

And if he could sense my presence, his eyes slowly look up right into mine, they're black and devoid of any emotion you can indicate, I think I was too busy the first time I saw him, but right now, I can clearly notice how handsome that asshole is.

High sharp cheekbones, full lips, an edged nose like it's been broken numerous times before, and a hard jaw that's currently ticking, he's lean and muscled but not broad like Silas for example, and a trail of tattoos along his arms catches my attention too.

He might appear quiet and collected but he's not like that inside,

Dylan's words come rushing back to me as I clear my throat awkwardly, ignoring the sudden thoughts in my mind, "Hey, princess." Rowan's voice meets my ears as I snap my eyes to his, princess, my ass, they have paused their game, and my brother is currently glaring at me, and so is Silas for some unknown reason.

"Hi, your voices are too loud, I can't study." I explain, trying to sound calm, my brother squints his eyes, annoyance flashing over his face, I clench my jaw, "Sounds like your problem." Silas speaks, not even looking up from his phone.

My anger spikes and I take another step toward them, "How is it my problem?" I groan, irritation spreading through every cell in my body, "You're the one who can't study, you're the one who's not getting work done, Does that sound like my issue?" He speaks coldly but with an edge.

I understand now what Dylan meant by sharp-tongued, my face twists in disgust, "Aurelia, you can shut the door, or just study in the balcony." My brother says, his voice somewhat gentle between the gruff edges.

I grit my teeth so hard, annoyed that he's not on my side but still not fucking shocked, Rowan runs a hand through his brown hair, his eyes holding a slight apology I guess, "We'll try to lower our voices." He exclaims, smiling welcomingly.

I clear my throat awkwardly and force a tight smile, "Thanks." I say under my breath as I walk towards the open kitchen, their voices still reach me, but they're not yelling as much, the only person who didn't offer an opinion just an extremely cold glare is Elias.

I get my mind off him, off all of them, I'll probably fail at studying and end up sleeping anyway, huffing out a breath of frustration, I open the fridge, my eyes flit around to find anything to eat, and my stomach growls.

I recall my memories to remember what I ate today and let's just say that it's not much, which isn't surprising, I find a plate of cake, probably leftovers from them, I ignore it as I grab an apple, i bite down on it, hoping that the sugary taste will get my mind off the cake In front of my eyes, I'll survive.

I just need to leave this place, and just when I'm about to turn away from the fridge and get out of the kitchen I gasp, startling as the apple almost falls from my hand, Elias's dark gaze lingers on me, his tall frame towering over me.

I clear my throat, "Make any sounds, Will you?" I say sharply, hoping that my nervousness isn't clear on my face, he blinks, looking as if he's not even listening to me, just thinking of something else, he's weird and intense, I can't find another description that'll fit him better.

All he offers me is a tilt of his head as if he's studying me, when the moment that feels like years finally ends, I push away from him, nudging his elbow in the process.

My heartbeats are thumping loudly in my ears, the intensity of the moment being too much, my brows furrow and confusion spread through my body at the way he's acting, I don't understand that guy and I don't want to.

I just need to stay away from him, even if a part of me is interested in knowing why the hell he's acting this way, we'll just shut those thoughts off, for once, I should do the right thing, for once in my fucking life.

My brother and Rowan are still playing like nothing has happened, Silas is watching us, something sparking in his eyes as he stares at me then his eyes go back to his friend, who's currently drinking coke,  he turns around and exits the kitchen too.

His hard eyes on mine, Dylan's friends are weird, I hate their company, from just the few minutes I spent with them and I want to run away, which reminds me of something that I should be looking for.

I need to find a job to pay for my own shit, asap.

A vote is really appreciated.