06

CHAPTER SIX ELIAS
You know that quote that says 'If you have something nice say it, if you don't then don't say anything at all' yeah that doesn't work on my part.

My smirk continues stretching as I recall my earlier conversation with Dylan's little sister, it was satisfying, watching her bubble up her anger and reach her limit, it made a sense of victory spread across my body.

And a spark of interest, but I ignored that, I blow out another puff of smoke, then throw the cigarette away, the sound of footsteps reaches my senses as I turn my head in the direction of it.

Dylan strolls inside, anger clear in his features, I embrace myself for the talk he's about to throw in my fucking face, "Elias." He growls my name, quite literally, I plaster my dry expression on display as my eyes flit to him.

"Yes?" I offer blankly, even though we're in the same fucking friend group, Dylan and I weren't close for a reason, he was outspoken, friendly, and he attracted way too many people than I'd like, crowded and just loud, that's why he gets along with Rowan more.

They're more alike, however, I preferred Silas over them, he was quiet and smart, and he didn't try to please people like them, but at the end of the day, we are all friends, I care about Rowan and Dylan, we just don't get along.

"Leave Aurelia alone." He orders gruffly as if I'm the one who went and had a conversation with the woman, I don't try to justify my situation, just let him spit his orders in my face, I've always hated them, orders and rules.

The urge to break them always got the best of me, and I have a feeling that he knows that already, he curses under his breath and walks away, leaving me with my clouded mind again, full of thoughts.

I grit my teeth forcefully, ignoring the sudden tightness that's spreading in my body at the memory that pops up, I stand up abruptly, abandoning the balcony as I get inside.

Their voices get higher and higher as I approach them, the familiarity of the two girls standing at the counter makes me arch a brow as I rake my mind to remember them, And then it finally clicks, The tall dark-skinned one is Angelina, while the shorter one with the long brown hair is called Vera or something.

The only reason I know both of them is because of Rowan and Silas, Growing up, the three of us were somewhat close, since Silas's father and mine are business partners, so we were kind of forced to be friends.

Rowan was the first guy we knew from college in the first year, and then we knew Dylan from the second one, we stayed friends throughout the third year and here we are, seniors.

The thing is, Silas and Vera kind of grew up together, or more like, Vera and his younger brother did, but there's always been this tension between both of them, it was amusing to watch until years of college separated us, and now here we are again, the same old thing.

On the other hand, Rowan was a certified player, he probably slept with half the college, which would've bored me, however, Angelina is the only one who didn't give in to his charms, hell, the woman is—dare I say, mean to him, does that stop him from constantly chasing her? Huh, you guessed it.

So now, I hold up the bottle of coke in my hand and watch the awkward silence stretch between all six of them, Silas is glaring, he's clearly angry by their sudden appearance, Rowan looks—surprised but not mad.

Aurelia is confused, and Dylan looks frustrated, "I'm not going to make them leave because of any of you, if you're so bothered, then you leave, you're the ones who are bothered, you're the ones who are pissed, sounds like your problem, not mine." She throws Silas's exact words back at him, Jesus, I like that even though Silas is my friend, it's just amusing.

His jaw ticks, and he narrows his eyes momentarily, anger all over his features, he's clenching the poor phone in his hand too, I take another sip from my drink, amused by them, no one has ever dared talk to him that way, which is exactly what's making me interested in any of this.

"Aurelia." Her brother starts but she huffs out a breath, pushing away the hand he was going to warn her with, that same interest sparks in my stomach again,

she's curious about everything, just like me.

But unlike her, I'm not going to let my curiosity get in the way, "They're my friends okay, if you're so mad about this, then solve the problem with yourselves, have a chitchat with your own selves out loud, listing your numerous issues and trying to fix them." She forces again, her voice fierce, and loud.

She breathes out harshly, "She's right, if any of you gotta problem with our presence then just fucking solve it away." Angelina says, her eyes narrowed in a glare, Vera looks as pissed as she is, but she's always been calmer, or better yet, shyer.

"Come on, let's go inside," Aurelia says, brushing her blonde hair away, Angelina and Vera disappear in the hallway and just when she's about to follow them, her eyes snap in my direction, I raise my coke in cheers mockingly and she rolls her eyes.

I didn't expect her to be scared of me or something, but she's bolder than she looks, she could pass by as someone younger, due to her round face and soft features, she is beautiful I'll give her that, but she's annoying, too loud and obnoxious,

"Your sister flipped our lives upside down." Rowan mutters under his breath, running a hand through his brown hair, his eyes flitting to all of us, Dylan looks slightly annoyed, "I can't stop her from having friends either, I'm being on your side in front of her, but I'm not going to kick them out for you." He states.

Narrowing his eyes in a glare, "I'm not staying here tonight." Silas says curtly like the decision is already decided, I don't want to leave if we're being honest, they'll probably go to a bar or something,

"I'm not going." I say, not even listening to what they're about to discuss, Silas's brows furrow but he doesn't ask for an explanation which isn't surprising,

"You'll go back to your place?" The mention of home brings tightness through my chest, I shake my head, "No, I'll stay in another spare room around here." I say and Dylan looks suspicious, "Aurelia-" he starts.

"I don't care about her," I say sincerely, it's not as if he has to worry or something, I won't kill the girl, a few minutes pass and they all leave, Aurelia and her dear friends probably don't know that I'm around here.

Cute, I push her out of my thoughts as I walk towards Dylan's other guest room and get inside, the room is dark, has a scent that gives off how long it's been locked, Jesus Christ.

My face twists but I walk towards the bed and drop down on the soft mattress, my phone vibrates in my hands and my eyes flit to it, my muscles go rigid as I see whose name is flashing across the screen.

I click on the accept button and then my father's harsh voice meets my ears in an instant, "All that fucking money you took was spent on what exactly?" He asks, voice heated and angry.

I close my eyes, pinching them as I pull the phone away from my ears, his voice still reaches me but it's lower, I grit my teeth as I absorb his next words "When you come back, you'll regret ever fucking taking them." He says coldly, then closes the call, my anger spikes so suddenly and so hard, that I can hear my heartbeats thumping in my ears as I recall every single memory I spent with that man.

I took the money simply because I didn't have any, I don't spend them on bars and women as he thinks, maybe I do sometimes but right now I just spend them on food, since most of our fridges are filled with alcohol and only it, we're rich, the type where your money doesn't end, but my father loves to make a fight out of nothing.

I know him too well for that information to stick in, if he wants to fight he will, the reasoning of it is just for outer appearances, it's just his mood.

He chose to fight today, but I'm no longer the little kid that'll cower away from him, that kid died years ago.

A vote is really appreciated.