24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR AURELIA
"This isn't what you said yesterday." Elias's voice breaks my thoughts away as my footsteps pause, I turn in his direction, as promised, he had to take Grace's place at the bar today since that's what he said yesterday.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I ask, clearing my throat, he blocks my way so that I look at him, I sigh exaggeratedly, "You're flat out ignoring me, you said that we'll drift away not cut me off." He mocks, I glare.

"I'm just busy working." I lie, "The bar is almost empty, Sweetheart." He protests, his voice full of frustration and something else I can't indicate, "You won't drop the goddamn sweetheart?" I question and he tilts his head.

"Yeah? Don't pretend you don't like it." Elias is making it extra hard to stay away from him, almost fucking impossible, and the circumstances aren't helping in the slightest.

"Don't make this impossible." I plead, gritting my teeth as I stare at him beneath my lashes, "I'm the one who's making it Impossible of course, You realize how fucking hard it is to be away from you?" His words send a shiver prickling down my spine as my breath hitches.

"No." I snap, annoyed by his attitude as I take a step away from him, snatch a beer as I place it in front of the woman who just ordered it, I can feel his hot burning gaze on me as I continue taking orders from people.

Loud voices approach us, too familiar, my eyes snap up, taking in the group of people coming inside and I realize why their voices are familiar, Rowan, Silas, Noah, Dylan, Vera, and Angelina stroll inside.

I study each and every one of them, Rowan is grinning as his brows jump when he notices Elias beside me, Silas is smirking, Noah and Dylan are talking about something, and so are Vera and Angelina.

They all take the first table in front of the counter so that they're close to us, "You look so beautiful, Aurelia." Rowan exclaims and I smile, sincerely, any earlier irritation or anger forgotten, when I look back at Elias I find him glaring.

At Rowan.

Uh, "Why are you here?" Elias asks flat out, not wording this nicely, "Haven't you heard of the surprise party we're throwing tonight for me?" He wiggles his brows playfully,

"How is it a surprise party if you know?" Elias arches a dry brow, looking uninterested, "Good point, anyway, the thing is, both of you have to be there!" He exclaims, I can't help but smile, "Not coming." Elias says.

"I will." I say sincerely, a party is definitely the best way to get my mind off the asshole beside me, "You know what? I'm in." Elias's change of response makes me want to punch him.

Silas rolls his eyes as he continues staring at both of us, tilting his head in the same manic way Elias would, I roll my eyes at his observations and place my attention on the couple approaching me.

But even as I do this all day, only one thing clouds my mind, one person.

*: ❦ *:

"No I don't want safe, I want something bold," I mutter as I stare up at Vera who's smoking, looking extremely shocked by my sudden flip, I ignore her and walk towards her closet, flipping through the dresses she told me to choose from.

"This is it." I hold up a completely backless black dress, it's short and tight, it's something different than anything I wore before, than anything I wear generally for the matter.

But it's stunning there's no denying, "You sure? You always preferred the wider, long ones." Angelina analyzes and I sigh exaggeratedly, "Change is sometimes needed." I say truthfully, I don't know what's the idea of wearing a new shockingly bold dress, but I'm not minding it one bit.

"Good point, but is that really the matter?" Vera's question strikes, I blink a couple of times, I'm not dressing to impress, I want him to avoid me if we're on that topic but I also want to do something that'll get my mind off him, like going home with a guy, making out with someone, and dresses like that are the magnet of attraction.

Sure I said I can't do friends with benefits but god didn't hate me enough to take away my ability to have one night stands either, I'm perfectly content with them,

"Yes, it is." I admit, she sighs, "Then go for it, girl." Angelina assures and I smile, feeling a rush of victory running through my body.

Minutes pass and I'm finally in the dress, it looks—I can't find the right word to explain it, but I'm extremely satisfied with the image I'm seeing in the mirror facing me, I sigh in pleasure.

"Stunning." Angelina compliments and I smile, moments fly and we all walk out of her house, heart thumping harshly in my chest as possibilities crawl their way up my mind.

*: ❦ *:

"Woah, that's a lot, take it slow." A masculine voice meets my ears and I shake my head, smiling widely as I continue dancing to the music, ignoring the dimming thoughts around my mind.

Sure enough, my assumptions were proven right since I'm currently dangling on a guy's arm, he's everything opposite of Elias, who seems to not leave my fucking mind even if I'm drunk as hell.

He's blonde, not extremely tall like him, he's the same height as me, and his handsome face holds a kernel of comfort and warmth, not scary or just flat-out unnerving like Elias's whole presence.

I wait for my body to react to his touch that's currently descending down my hips, but nothing comes, no heat that even floods me like it did when I would see him, No arousal, Not even a couple of butterflies floating in my stomach, he's attractive, but—he's just—God, did Elias just ruin all men for me?

The question makes my stomach flips, what the fuck? Of course not, "Let's get more into the crowd." He suggests and I nod instantly, smiling welcomingly as I look up at him, he guides me along the people and I let him, the gentle soft touch not affecting me in the slightest.

But then my movements freeze, and so does my whole heart for a second as my eyes find his, sure we're in Rowan's house but that's as huge as a mansion, and he doesn't get into crowds, he'd always sit with Silas, playing chess, doing shit that didn't belong at a party but no one could dare complain about it.

They feared him.

But sure enough, Elias is staring right at me, his jaw ticks and his eyes look like they might transform into a storm, wreaking havoc in its wake, or perhaps, it's only meant for me.

I don't know what he's thinking, he's the cliff, always has been.

Unknown, unpredictable, Unplanned, and sure as fuck not pleasant.

His legs are spread, arms crossed, tattoos spread over his biceps, his hair is a perfect mess over his head, black strands sticking everywhere, not aligning with his goddamn mind, measured, organized, planned.

The look on his face is something completely new though, and the realization of what it is makes heat flood my whole body, is Elias possibly jealous?

The guy in front of me brushes a strand of my hair, tucking it behind my ears, the gesture is too intimate it makes me startle, makes me recall shit I'm trying to ignore.

According to our deal, the decision is in my hand, I'm not sure if that's really a great idea since my impulses always got the best of me, so I take in a breath and smash my lips down on the blond in front of me.

We kiss for a couple of seconds before pulling back to breathe, I feel absolutely nothing, he's nice and beautiful, but it's just empty in there, and when my gaze uncontrollably turns back to Elias's Seat.

He's gone.

A vote is really appreciated.