39

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE AURELIA
Saying that things are back to normal is a bit of an understatement, we've been trying to adapt to this sudden change.

I've been staying over at Elias's house for a couple of days now, almost a week, my father has tried to reach out to me a couple of times, and I'd be lying if I said that pushing him away isn't killing me.

"Is that rain?" I get distracted as my eyes uncontrollably flit around to the sight, hearing the drops of rain on the luxurious windows, I grin, loving the change of the weather.

"What do you see, sweetheart?" Elias's cold dry voice meets my ears and my grin widens before I roll my eyes and feel his warmth behind me, arms coming around my waist.

He leans down so that his head is on my shoulder, "Why can't you just say yes, smartass?" I ask under my breath, a laugh slipping from between my lips as I feel my muscles easing and I lean back into his hold.

"Can we get outside?" I ask after a beat, eyes flitting to Elias's as I turn in his hold, he arches a brow, a spark glistening into his dark eyes, "You're crazy." He states, I bounce on my tip toes excitedly.

"Yeah? Come on." I exclaim and clutch his hands in mine, he lets me lead him as we step outside seconds later, the cold air slaps us in the face but I ignore it as I continue walking.

His hand in mine as the rain soaks our clothes, he mumbles something under his breath that I don't make out as my eyes flit to him, "Please don't tell me that you hate the rain." I plead dramatically.

He blinks, "I won't then." He replies nonchalantly, a small smile tugged at his lips, my brows jump, "Major issues if you ask me." I shrug, lifting a shoulder as I stare at him.

"Yeah? And jumping like this in the rain isn't an issue?" He shoots back and I roll my eyes, "Don't be a fun killer! Come on." I continue and a question floats in his eyes but he doesn't utter a word.

"Let's dance," I suggest after a beat, smiling playfully at him, I expect him to decline almost instantly but he surprises me by slipping a hand around my waist as the other one cups my cheeks.

My smile widens, and happiness evokes inside of me, I stand on my tip toes and miserably place a kiss on his nose, his smile widens, but humor lies behind those dark eyes. "Was it meant for my nose?" He questions.

I contemplate it, "It was really impulsive for the matter." I reply sincerely, enjoying how we're slowly swinging to the inexistent beat, "Color me surprised." He deadpans, sarcasm dripping from his tone, I narrow my eyes teasingly and nudge his shoulder.

We stay silent for a beat, staring into each other's eyes, no words exchanged but the silence and the sound of the rain align together beautifully, creating a comforting aura surrounding us.

"I love you." I let out, feeling overwhelmed by the emotions rushing through my body, his touch softens as he caresses my cheek, before leaning down and kissing me.

So forcefully that it rips through me. My fingers uncontrollably slip through his hair, tugging harshly at the thick strands, pulling him even closer, he pulls back momentarily, and our breaths mingle together.

Hot and messy, my body heats from the sensation of his touch to the point where I feel the rain evaporating off my skin, he tugs a blonde strand behind my ear as his lips stay parted and flushed.

"And I love you." He replies under his breath, the words barely audible but full of so many emotions, Elias is still in pain, it's clear, and if I didn't observe him too much he could've fooled me.

But I pushed through his barriers a long time ago, Finals are unfortunately starting this week, but we decided that after it ends we'll travel, just the two of us, away from everyone.