The mahee is one, part 5

The soft summer breeze turned violent and strong. It churned the waves and dug a hole in them, digging deep inside while shoving them apart. It reached for the ice further down in the cold depths and surrounded it. The winds were so cold that the water froze around them, creating a funnel. The ice grew and used that funnel to reach the surface. The winds splashed the ocean waves around, tearing them apart.

Every splash of water into the winds turned into thousands of crystals before they fell back down in the water with the ice. The winds broke the ice apart enough for it to melt and blend into the water.

The winds calmed.

Then faded away.

The waves kept churning and creating new ice and the ice kept melting creating new water.

A pair of eyes opened to a dark cave in the middle of a mountain made of ice. D'Argen realized he was back in his body only for a moment before vertigo confused him as he looked up at himself while simultaneously looking down at Thar.

At his other container.

At the mahee's other container.

As the mahee slowly took control of the two containers, D'Argen remembered his name. Then remembered his name was Thar. Then the mahee spread out through the containers and it became they as they felt it all. D'Argen felt it all. Thar felt it all. They, however, were still one and they felt it as one so they became he.

He felt the hard formation at his back as it turned softer and moved with heavy inhales and exhales. He felt hands clutching at his chest and thighs. He felt a chest pressed down with a warm grip and thighs gripped tight with cold hands. He shifted both parts of him and felt an urge that he had been fighting for centuries.

There was a wetness on his lips that tasted like blood and matched the pounding in his leg. There was an emptiness that needed to be filled and an urge to fill it. The cold air filling his lungs was biting and tearing them apart even as it surged deeper and tried to fill that emptiness. The pain of his bruised ribs was an echo of the one deeper within as his lungs fought for air.

He moved until his knees were holding him up on the hard ground and breathed in the cold air. He leaned forward, away from the formation digging into his back. He saw white and black and white and black and white and blue all at once and it was so jarring as everything came to him at once.

Then that urge inside him intensified – the one begging to be filled, to become one even as he was one just in two different places.

He moved two arms, one from each part of him, until ten fingers were intertwined tightly. The hold was strong enough to keep millions of shards of ice together while at the same time, it was comfortable enough that it felt like wind under his feet. He felt warm skin that almost burned with how the hot blood flowed under it even as the ice crystals in his veins strengthened and formed and countered the heat. He sat up and turned around even as he stood stock still. He unfolded his legs and then used one arm to pull a third leg closer until both of him were as close as they could be while still being two separate parts.

They should not be separate.

He pulled tighter and leaned forward. When he felt a cold hand against his cheek, he almost wept for the comfort it gave. When he felt a hot breath give new air to his lungs, he almost cried for the burning pain inside him.

Gentle fingers ran through long hair, getting tangled and smoothing out knots while he brushed tears of overwhelm away from under multi-coloured eyes. He had no idea why he was breathing from two different sources until he no longer was, sharing breath with himself as he exhaled and inhaled at the same time. His hearts were beating one beat.