Intermission Chapter - Q&A with the cast

Hey all and welcome to the God of Discovery Q&A

I have gathered some questions from here, other places where I'm posting, discord servers, and a few other places to answer for you while we're all sitting patiently and waiting for arc 3.

So, let's get started with our favourite speedster answering first and the others jumping in when he can't.

---

Q: No jumping in soft, we're going right into the big ones! Are the mortals aware that you're gods?

D'Argen: All mortals are aware. The way our mahee works, only we have access to magic. Even if we change our appearance or try to hide in our clothes, mortals can recognize us due to an inside feeling – another sense, if you will. We call it the mahee.

Q: Have you ever tried to pass as a mortal? Is it possible?

D'Argen: I've tried, but never successfully. A few others have tried as well, but to the same results. As far as I'm aware, the feeling mortals get from being around our mahee isn't something we can control or turn off or on.

[Secret character]: I can do it. It took me thousands of years to figure out how, but I have been living among the mortals as one of them for a few centuries now and none of them knew who I was.

Q: So, since mortals are used to you walking around, does that mean you're used to not getting big reactions?

D'Argen: I can't speak for the others, but, personally, I've never had big reactions as is. Yes, I've had mortals recognize me and bow, but more often than not they ignore me. Very few of them actually worship me – in fact, I don't know of any that do.

[Somewhere in a tiny village called Ambi]: Yes, we worship the God of Speed – he was here when our little one was born and he brought his father home.

Acela: The mortal cultures have changed a lot over time. Those that still live with us in our cities, the cities that the gods control, still worship us. They are used to us walking around but will still stop what they are doing and show respect. There are, however, some places further out that scorn us or shun us, or do not even believe we exist. Which reminds me, I will have to make a note of those places and send out some envoys to rectify that.

Q: How do you get your titles? I noticed earlier somebody called D'Argen "God of Speed"?

Acela: Well, most of our titles come from the mortals themselves. They believe we are one thing and give us a title in that belief. We are, however, much more than our titles. In some cases, the titles the mortals give us do not match our mahee or our powers or calling, but we will keep the title to make them happy. Most commonly though, there are either larger crowds or petitions. There are, also, some gods whose titles were given by me. Vah'mor is our Protector, I will not allow anyone else to hold that title.

D'Argen: I gave Lilian their title! I was so proud of it, until it got taken away.

Q: Your titles can get taken away?

Acela: As I said, mortals came up with most of them. If they worship the God of Light and he does not give them light, they will stop worshipping him and turn to something else. As is the case with Lilian, they were unable to match the image the mortals had set for them. Because of that, I took Lilian's title away at their request and gifted it to another. Hiras is now the God of Spring and though she still does not match the mortal's image perfectly, she is closer than Lilian.

Q: Moving onto some of your history: how are you born? How did you come here?

D'Argen: I fell. In fact, you will learn more about my fall in the next arc and what that entails. Some of us floated down, some crawled out of the earth or the ocean, and some just appeared. We came here to the mortal realm in different ways.