Chapter 18:I just don't feel like it

Sir Nighteye was getting closer and closer to Izuku, his glasses obscuring his eyes. However, there was an intimidating aura around him.

Sir Nighteye:You...You little bastard, what do you think you're doing?

When he got in front of him he touched his face and began remodeling it. In Kumagawa's own opinion, this was very funny.

Sir Nighteye:You got the proportions all wrong. For hid normal face tge wrinkles under his face are approximative 0.6 centimeters! On the silver age it was 0.8! Nowadays even non-licensed merchandise is modeled so you's kniw after which era is modeled! How utterly offensive...I'll have to ask you to leave.

Izuku:H...Hold on a second!

Looking around, there was no mistaking it...This man was an All Might super fan!

Izuku:Did you hear of the Vinegar accident. One day an middle schooler with an quirk that could alter the proprieties of water was drowning. Because of the panic he uncounsciously activated his quirk and turned the water into vinegar. But All Might jumped in anyway and suffered damage to his eyes. That smile he showed at the interview...That was the one my interpretation was going for!

Sir Nighteye:Of course I'm aware. It happened a little after I paired up with him, after all. The TV program "Looking back on the old days" touched upon it briefly.

Izuku:Yeah, that's the one! It wasn't about fighting a villain, and the accomplishment was insignifiant compared with other, but I really liked it. And the reply he gave after the middle schooler apologizes to him was really witty...

Sir Nighteye:"Don't worry! My skin looks 10 years younger thanks to you!"

Izuku:Exactly!

They continued their talk, but Kumagawa had no interes of it. Instead, he leaned over to (Y/N) and began talking to her.

Kumagawa:[Do people really consider it witty? And what's with this fanboying? Scary.]

Those two were closer to obsession. He doesn't think even the minuses were that bad towards him.

(Y/N):Litteraly never heard of this in my life. Nothing like that happened at my middle school. How about you?

Kumagawa:[If there was an accident at my middle school I was taking care of it.]

(Y/N):Really? You?

Kumagawa:[Well, I was Student Council President.]

(Y/N):Ah, that makes sense.

Kumagawa:[That's why I didn't want to bevome class representative. I've had enough paperwork...]

(Y/N):Understatable. Now that I think about it...UA doesn't have a Student Council, right?

Kumagawa:[It wouldn't be the first time this school dissapointed me.]

(Y/N):Same, man. Same.

The two fanboys have finally ended their small dispute. Sir Nighteye sat on his chair.

Sir Nighteye:In order to exceed your current level of strenght you wish to intership under me, is that correct?

Izuku:Yes, sir! I beg of you!

Sir Nighteye:About the contract...

Izuku:I have it right here!

Sir Nighteye:Don't intrerupt me while I'm talking. Once I put my stamp on it, it'll become official.

Izuku:Yes!

Sir Nighteye:This is far from your usual carefree internship. You will work for a little over a mouth, for which of course you'll get compensation for. However, you're still a first year with a large workload. You'll need to take many authorized absences and will find yourself unable to catch up with your classmates.

Izuku:Even so, I'll need to match their pace...Or I'll never be able to make it to the top!

Sir Nighteye took his stamp as Izuku laid his contract on the table. The hero brought the stamp down on the table, but not on the contract.

Izuku:Um...You missed.

Sir Nighteye:That's because I don't feel like stamping it.

Izuku:Huuuh!?

Sir Nighteye:I'm well aware of your merits...You'd reap from working here. However, what do I gain by employing you? This office gets by just fine with two sidekicks and one student intern. I accepted the internship of Kumagawa and (L/N) because I had prior experience with the two of them. While they may have an attitude problem, they get the work done when it matters.

Kumagawa:[Awww, I'm gonna blush!]

(Y/N):That's probably the most appreciated I ever was.

Mirio:Haha, you two are funny!

Sir Nighteye:What can you contribute to sciety? How can you be of benefit to others? If you wish me to acknowglede you, you must demonstrate that to me.

Izuku:Contribute to society...

Sir Nighteye:All Might has done so through strenght and humor. He brought hope and that's why the masses accepted him. Ylu must demonstrate yourself not with words, but with actions. Three minutes.

Izuku:...Eh?

Sir Nighteye:You have three minutes to get this stamp from my hands and stamp your contract yourself.

Izuku:...Ehhhh!?

Sir Nighteye:Kumagawa, (L/N), Togata and Bubble Girl. I need you to leave for this time until the test is over.

Bubble Girl:Yes sir...

Sir Nighteye:With more enthusiasm.

Bubble Girl:Yes sir!

(Y/N):So we get a break? I'm all for it!

Kumagawa:[Ah, let's hope Izuku-chan doesn't get to his girlfriend this time.]

Izuku:...He's not gonna stop this thing about me and the hospital bed, is he?

Mirio:Hahaha, that's unlikely!

The four left the door closing the door after them. Bubble Girl decided to ask Mirio a question.

Bubble Girl:Mirio-kun, Kumagawa-kun, (L/N)-chan, did you need to make a practical interview like that?

Mirio:No, I was nominated by sir.

(Y/N):Same with us.

Bubble Girl:Sir's really taken to this kid, huh!? Jeez! I'm really jelly!

Kumagawa:[Oh? Is this the secret crush for your boss twist?]

(Y/N):How scandalous.

Bubble Girl:You two are having fun from harassimg people, or is it just me!?

Mirio:Tahaha!

(Y/N) took smoothie and began to drink, resting her head on Kumagawa's shoulder. The minus, although relaxed, was still listening on what was happening inside.

Kumagawa:[Ah, I see. So they don't know...No, I guess not even the great hero their so passionate about figured it out. That little mechanism of One for All.]

(Y/N):Hm? What are you talking about?

Kumagawa:[Nothing important.]

(Y/N):You really like being myserious, don't you? Well, I don't really hate that about you.