Ch. 3 ~The Dream

Lizzy's POV

I learned something new today.

I learned how to clean stalls.

I learned how to mix horse feed.

I learned what a flake of hay was.

I learned how to catch and lead a horse.

I learned the horses' schedules.

I learned how to groom a horse.

And tomorrow, I'm going to learn how to ride a horse.

***
After a good night sleep, I woke up refreshed. I had talked to my parents last night, like I had been since their accident.

They answered in a dream. In my dream, we were all together, eating frozen yogurt at the local frozen yogurt bar. When we had all finished our frozen yogurt, they said it's time to leave. They said that they loved me, and they are watching over me always. I hugged them one last time, and then they left, and I had woken up.

That was a good dream. I hope I'll be able to see them again soon.

That's why I feel refreshed. The dream has helped me feel a lot better, and it sorta made me feel like I was allowed to move on and enjoy my new life. And today, I was going to really start it.

I was going to learn how to ride a horse.

***

Yesterday, I watched Gigi ride her horse, Jazz, in the arena. They were doing barrel racing, and once I had watched how good they were, I wanted to try!

Today, Gigi and Brit were at school, so they wouldn't get to see my riding lesson. Yesterday, they didn't have school because of conferences.

After eating Fruit Loops again with Aunt Steph, Brit, and Gigi, we all helped with barn chores, and then Brit and Gigi had to get ready for school. Then they had left, and now, me and Aunt Steph are walking back into the barn.

"Liz, since you are part of our close family, and you live here, it's time for you to pick your own horse," Aunt Steph said.

My jaw dropped. "Really?! My own horse? But I don't even know how to ride!" I exclaimed.

"Well, all of our horses are trained enough that you can learn to ride on one! C'mon, I'll show you which ones you can pick from," she said, and showed me all of their horses.

"You can pick from Jackie, Peaches, Rookie, Crackers, Storm, Thunder, or Luna. They are all great horses, and which ever one you pick is yours," Aunt Steph said.

"Ok," I said, and I went to go look at all of the horses she listed.

First, I visited Jackie. She was a chestnut quarter horse with a pretty star on her forehead. "Hi Jackie," I said, and she came up and let me rub her nose. "Aw, you're sweet, aren't you?" I said, and she bobbed her head. I laughed, and then headed off towards Peaches' stall.

Peaches was a red roan quarter horse, and when I called her, she looked at me, then ignored me. "Gee, thanks," I said, and immediately knew she wasn't the one for me.

Next was Rookie. He was another chestnut quarter horse, but his mane and tail were blonde! Weird! "Hey boy!" He walked up to me and immediately checked to see if I had any treats. "Sorry Rookie, nothing for you," I said, and offered him an empty hand. He started lipping my hand and licking it, and I laughed. Then he started to butt me with his nose, and so I backed away. He's a little too pushy for me! "Bye boy!" I said as I walked over to the next horse's stall: Crackers.

Crackers was a small quarter horse that was a paint. She had huge black and white splotches on her, and she had 1 blue eye, and one brown! Cool! Her mane was also spiky. "Crackers," I cooed, and she looked over at me, then walked up. She nuzzled me, and I ran my hand over her chopped mane. It smoothed down, then spiked back up when my hand ran over it. I smiled. She was so sweet! "Bye Crackers," I said, then went off to go meet Storm.

Storm was a black quarter horse, and when I called him, he pinned his ears, then stomped his back leg. "Sorry boy," I said, then left him alone. Now, off to meet Thunder.

Thunder was absolutely beautiful. He was a blue roan quarter horse, and he was nice too, but there just wasn't any spark between us. He was nice, but not the one for me. "Bye Thunder," I called as I walked towards Luna, the last horse.

I peeked into Luna's stall, and I saw a white quarter horse, with a pinkish nose. "Hey Luna," I said sweetly as she walked up and stuck her pretty head over the stall door. I petted her neck, and she nuzzled my shoulder. She was so sweet! But just as soon as she started socializing with me, she left and started eating. I laughed. "I get it, you're hungry," I said, then walked back to Aunt Steph.

"So, who have you chosen?" Aunt Steph asked.

"Well, it's a tough choice between Jackie, Crackers, and Luna. But I'm pretty sure that I choose..."

----------

A/N: ooh! Who do u think she's gonna choose??? Comment who u think! Do u like Rumor Has It? Random question: what's ur favorite sport? Mines horse back riding and volleyball! Please vote and comment thanks bye lil buddies!