Ch. 14 ~Where's Crackers?

Pic of Crackers above *its not mine and I can take it down whenever

Crackers' POV

I'm running free! What a rush!

But something's wrong.

I need Lizzy. She's my person, and I love her. I need to go home.

"Rumor?" I nickered to the lead stallion of the herd.

"What?" he snorted.

"I need to go home! My person needs me," I squealed.

"No! You are a part of this herd now, and you stay here. Besides, you could someday make a great lead mare," he nipped at me.

I pinned my ears back. "No! I need to go home!" I kicked out at him, but he just pinned his ears back at me, and trotted away.

Why did I listen to him?! I guess I was just so in awe of how powerful he was, and the thought of running, and running, with no limits. The idea of being free was so exciting, so different, but now I realize that I need to go home.

Now.

***

Lizzy's POV

"What's going on?" I half yell.

"Liz, it's gonna be alright-" Aunt Steph started.

"What's going on?!" I asked (yelled) again.

"Crackers is gone. She either got stolen, or escaped. But from the looks of it, it looks like she escaped. The fence is broken, and it looks like a horse kicked it down," Uncle Pat said.

Oh. My. Gosh. No. This isn't happening. I'm dreaming. I'm still at my desk, and I've fallen asleep because my homework made me bored. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

When I didn't wake up, all I could say was, "No."

"I'm sorry Liz," Aunt Steph said.

"First, I lose my parents, and now, I lose my horse?! Ugh!" I scream, and run into the barn. I snatch my helmet and then I grab Luna out of her stall, and lead her outside.

"I'm looking for her, and you can't stop me!" I yell, then tie Luna's lead rope into reigns, and hop onto Luna's back. Wow, I didn't think I would've been able to get on Luna bareback with no mounting block! I kick her into a canter, and hold on to a hunk of mane. She speeds off, and I hold on and ride with her.

Oh rats, I forgot about the gate. Luckily, I realized that part of the main fence was broken too, so I cantered her towards the fence, and we jumped over it. Wow, I am such a risk taker! First riding a horse I've never ridden before bareback away from my family and the cops, second getting on without a mounting block, and now jumping a horse when I've never jumped before!

We galloped off across the street, and I did feel really bad when Luna slipped a bit on the asphalt. But faster than I could comprehend, we were galloping off through the unclaimed field across the road, off into the wilderness, where I know my horse is with the Rumor Horse.

_______________

A/N: sorry that this chapter is short, but I've updated twice in a day, which is pretty good for me. I guess it's to make up for yesterday. YAY!!!! RHI HAS REACHED 200+ VIEWS!!!!! Yayayay! I'm pretty happy cause also my other book The Rescue Horse Camp hit 1k views😙😙😙😙😙 I feel happy😋

Random question: what's your least favorite food? Honestly, I'm not too see which mine is cause I'm a really picky eater. Maybe bananas? Eggs? Idk but I don't like a lot of food. I like macaroni and cheese and apple slices with caramel Rainyawesome 😄😄

Oh I also want to say that I was inspired by sparkybark17 to do the random questions! So go check out her awesomely amazing books to thank her☺️

Remember to comment and vote!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading your guys's comments so so much ahdkofnekdkwbrn

Ok bye friends😁