Ch. 32 ~At The End Of The Day (Final Chapter!)

Lizzy's POV

"So, here are the results."

I tensed when Aunt Steph said that. I really hoped that me and my friends did well!

"For the Beginners' In Hand Trail, in third place we have, Nick Brice with Chase!" People clapped and whooped as the young boy accepted his yellow ribbon with a big smile on his face.

"In second place, we have Ruth Miles with Zander!" I clapped as a girl my age smiled and took her red ribbon.

"And in first place, we have Lizzy Bakstone with That Disney Magic!" WHAT?! Disney and I won? I grinned like a dork and walked up and graciously accepted my blue ribbon. Disney is gonna be soooo happy when I pin this on his stall!

I sat back down next to Gigi, and she squeezed my hand. "Nice job!" she said, and I said thanks.

"For our Intermediate's In Hand Trail, in third place is Nichole Florence with Chloe!"

"In second place is Michael Walker with Cherry Blossom!"

"And in first place, is Gigi Jackson with Once Upon A Dream!" I stood up and clapped as Gigi stumbled up to the judges and took her blue ribbon.

Aunt Steph continued to announce the in hand trail classes, and regular trail classes. Excitingly, Britt had won the Advanced Trail class, and Roo had won the Intermediate's Trail class! Me and my friends were rocking it!

Aunt Steph announced pole bending, and Roo won! Britt came in third, which was great!

Then came barrel racing.

Aunt Steph began to talk. "Now it's time to announce the winners of our barrel racing class!" My heart was pounding, and I was fidgeting in my seat. Please let me have placed!

"In third place, is Lizzy Bakstone with Crackers!" she said, and I jumped up and let a big cheer out. Oops. I skipped up to the judges, and shook their hands, and excitingly got my third place ribbon, and had to hold myself back from dancing back to my friends.

"Great job Liz!" Roo and Alexis said, and I said thank you to them back.

"In second place, we have Stella Meadows with Eclipse Of The Heart!" Aunt Steph said, and when she said that, Stella was mad.

She stomped up to the judges, and when she realized that the judges and Aunt Steph were watching her, she put on a fake smile, and took her red ribbon. When she got back to her seat, she rolled her eyes, and took out her I Phone.

"And in first place, we have Alexis Martins with Quincey!" Roo and I stood and cheered for Alexis as she professionally walked to the judges, shook their hands, and accepted her silky blue ribbon, then came back to us. We gave her high fives, and I sat back down next to Gigi. I looked at her, and she was disappointed.

"Hey, you did great. If that stinkin' barrel hadn't gotten into you and Jazz's way, you would so be taking the first place ribbon," I said to Gigi, and rubbed her shoulder.

She laughed. "Thanks, and congrats on third. That's great," she said.

"Thanks, I'm really excited about it."

Aunt Steph finished all the announcements, and in the end, Britt had won the keyhole race, Stella had won the flag race, and Gigi won the key race. Today was a pretty successful day.

I went inside the barn, and went to Disney first. I pinned the blue ribbon on his stall. "We got first place boy!" I said, and patted his neck. He seemed happy, and then went to his hay net, and got a big mouthful of hay. I smiled, then walked over to Crackers' stall. I pinned up the yellow ribbon, and said, "Third place girl, not bad for our first competition together." I stroked her face, and she flapped her lips in pleasure when I found an itchy spot under her chin. I smiled, then I turned around when somebody tapped my shoulder.