Ch. 6 ~Click

Lizzy's POV

I brought my hands together, and bowed my head as Uncle Pat said a blessing before dinner. In my head, I said thanks to my parents for watching over me today, and then dug into my salad.

Once I finished my salad, I moved on to my flank steak. Dinner was delicious, and I thanked Uncle Pat and Aunt Steph for it. After dinner, I helped clear the plates and set them in the dishwasher.

"Okay everyone! Time to bring in the horses!" Aunt Steph said, and all 5 of us headed outside to bring in the horses.

Some of the horses were already in their stalls, since their owners were here or had just left. Thankfully, Stella was gone, and Eclipse was in his stall. I admired how beautiful he was, but I kept my distance in case some crazy alarm went off.

First things first. Bring in Crackers. I walked outside to go bring Crackers in, and as I was walking, Aunt Steph was leading Ruby and Luna to the barn and said, "You can also now be in charge of bringing Jackie and Peaches in and out of their fields and feeding them in the mornings and at night, along with Crackers."

"Ok!" I said, then headed off to go lead the horses in.

I reached the field and grabbed Crackers' purple halter and lead line, then opened the gate, and went in. I latched it shut, then called for Crackers. Immediately, she came cantering up to me, her spiky mane flying. "Hi girl!" I chirped as I hugged her neck. She rested her head over my shoulder, and I felt that click that o had when I had first gotten on her. I smiled, and leaned into Crackers' neck. We stayed like that for a minute, and then I remembered that I still had to take care of Jackie and Peaches, and I wasn't comfortable leading 2 horses at a time.

I slipped the halter over Crackers' mostly white with a little bit of black head, and buckled it snug. I took a good hold of the lead rope, and we headed in to the barn.

***

It took me waaay longer than everyone else just to take care of Crackers, Jackie, and Peaches. But I had learned a couple of things:
-Jackie's color is hot pink
-When you call her name, she will gallop up to you and slide to a stop
-In her feed, she has to get a scoop of yeast because she is on the borderline for cushings
-Peaches' color is red
-She will ignore you when you call her, unless you shake some rocks in a bucket to sound like grain
-She only gets a cup of grain because she is overweight

I know, not the most interesting things to learn, but it's helpful to me. I'm very observant of things, and I like that about me.

The sun is starting to set, and all of the horses are tucked in, and before I go inside for the night, I say goodnight to Crackers.

"Goodnight sweetheart," I cooed to Crackers. She looked up from her hay net, and walked up to me, and I stroked her face for a while. Again, I felt that click, and I realized that I always get that click feeling when I'm with Crackers. And I also realized that I liked that click.

_________________

A/N: hey guys! Sorry that this is such a short chapter! It's kinda just a filler, but something important is going to happen soon. Random question: what's your favorite book? My favorites are the Canterwood Crest series, and the Phantom Stallion series. I've also read the first Heartland book, and I really liked that one too. Anyway, please vote and comment! It makes me really happy when I get a vote or a comment!!!! Thanks guys bye!💛💛