6. Secretiveness

"Taehyung, everyone had the same opinion. To Korean fans, you seem a little distant, like a unicorn, a figure that only exists in fantasy."

"A unicorn?"

Taehyung frowned as he swallowed the vitamins Sejin handed him.

Despite Jungkook's earnest wishes, Taehyung eventually signed a contract with Big Hit. It wasn't like he intended to do that in the first place. As soon as Sejin returned to Korea, he told him about Jungkook's agency and actually had a meeting with them.

Sejin was quite moved when Taehyung said that he would not sign a contract with any agency unless he was with him. They talked a lot and came to the common conclusion that they needed each other.

For Sejin, receiving the title of executive from a huge entertainment company and forming a team to take care of Taehyung together with them was a very tempting proposal. He could no longer postpone his marriage, and he thought that if he accepted Big Hit's offer, he would be able to reassure his fiancée and her parents who had been waiting for him.

But Taehyung was just as important to him as his fiancée, so he held a meeting with Jungkook's agency for the contract. But the moment he met them, he could sense immediately that they weren't serious about this contract in the first place. Sejin couldn't understand why they proposed the meeting if they weren't interested in this contract.

He knew the relationship between Taehyung and Jungkook better than anyone else. So he could feel how desperate Jungkook's wish was. However, Sejin could feel that none of the people in the conference room that day were serious about the contract with Taehyung. But why? He couldn't pinpoint anything, but Sejin felt that they didn't want to sign a contract with Taehyung. If so, no matter how much Jungkook wished for it, this would not be possible.

"Yes, unicorn! And what else did they say... Ah, mermaid~"

"A mermaid? What the hell~"

Seeing Taehyung pouting his lips, Sejin laughed defenselessly. After returning to Korea, Taehyung seemed more relaxed. Perhaps having friends he trusted by his side gave him strength. Taehyung's life in New York was sadly barren and lonely and Sejin had always felt sorry for Taehyung, who was excessively wary of people and kept away from them. Anyway, Sejin seemed to feel a little relieved now.

"Sejin hyung, What do you really want to say?"

Taehyung leaned deeply into the couch, hugged the cushion tightly, and looked at Sejin with suspicious eyes. Sejin just smiled awkwardly. Having been together for quite a long time made it easy for them to notice each other's thoughts and concerns without making any effort.

"Hmm... why don't you try joining a variety show? Wouldn't it be a chance for people to feel a little more friendly with you?"

"Variety show? Sejin hyung, you know me..."

Taehyung immediately protested in a heavy voice and avoided Sejin's gaze. He knew that Sejin knew him very well. So when he hears him, he knows full well  that he will be persuaded, and where and what he will end up doing.

"Taehyung, um..."

"No! I can't hear you~~~ Aha~Aha~Aha~~~"

Taehyung threw the cushion and jumped up from the couch, covering his ears with both hands. Just as Sejin was following him and was about to say something, Taehyung's phone rang, and Taehyung hurriedly answered the phone as if he had been waiting. It was like a golden opportunity for Taehyung to avoid Sejin's persuasion.

"Hello~"

"Tae! Let's join the variety show together!"

"Kookie?"