Surprise, bitch!

It was not anything what he expected from the redhead. 

Yes, he was arrogant and witty and sly and difficult to handle. But there was a difference between knowing him for an abundant amount of time and dealing with him for let us say, around seven years (counting only his previous life.) 

It annoyed him. 

Kim Rok Soo had known Cale for part of his life, and yet he couldn't understand him. His intentions and his behaviour towards certain people that fled his thoughts and Kim Rok Soo just couldn't understand.

Perhaps it was fondness that made Kim Rok Soo tolerate his little schemes. 

But this? He couldn't fathom what had happened to Cale. It's not like he was injured, he wasn't in pain or anything. He seemed alright even, the question was— how could he have survived that? 

Kim Rok Soo saw it with his own two eyes. Cale had been struck by lightning. 

(Let's rewind.) 

A little earlier today, Cale accompanied the older guy to the slums. Kim Rok Soo told the redhead about the ancient power living on that black tree, and with the power of money Kim Rok Soo had gotten that ancient power without much trouble. It was really good to be rich. 

Kim Rok Soo smiled winningly. The terror attack at the capital; he may have to use it to protect Basen and if something dangerous happens there. But he will make sure it is small and faint so that other people will not notice it. Kim Rok Soo would then leave the fighting to everyone else at the capital. 

“It's starting to rain.” Cale tugged at his sleeve and pointed to the sky, dark grey clouds were visible despite of the thick fog surrounding them. 

Kim Rok Soo liked the fog, but hated the rain. They both started to run towards shelter, and it was at that moment— 

Kim Rok Soo saw it with his own two eyes. 

Cale had been struck by lightning. 

Yet he didn't seem to be hurt. He blinked his eyes blearily to look at Cale up and down, observing him just in case his mind was playing tricks on him. And if he had gotten hurt. 

Instead, he was met with puzzled reddish-brown eyes. 

“....never thought I'd receive my ability like this. Am I a clutz or just unable to die?” 

Lord father, please give him strength, he felt the bad luck slowly creeping into his life. As it was, Kim Rok Soo almost fainted from the sudden fright. 

Cale Henituse, that insufferable fool might be the end of him.

The two returned to Cale's bedroom safely (?). While Kim Rok Soo thought about what happened earlier, Cale didn't mind the state he was in and buried himself under the warm plush blankets of his bed. Two kittens, one in red and another one in silver, hopped and rested beside the young master's head.

“What's up, champs? Are you feeling better now?” 

Cale picked up the red kitten fondly, scratching behind his ear to which the kitten responded with a purr. His other hand gently caressed from the top of the silver cat's head and down to her spine and repeat. 

He was an infamous lout, villainous and cruel. He was a drunkard who threw bottles around and flipped tables. He lives in a luxury everyone could dream of despite his bad attitude, no one could discipline the lout of the Henituse family. So how is it the lout with such violent rumours was petting kittens and cooing at them with affection? 

“What's on your head, sir? You look like you're out of it.” Cale chuckled and the silvery sound caught Kim Rok Soo's attention. He found it pleasing to hear. 

He cocked his head curiously down at Cale. “You said you received an ability right? I was wondering if you also had one previously, did you also get hit by lightning?” 

“Well, no. I killed someone with an electric equipment while they were in a pool. Since then I'm what you call an Ability User.”  Cale flatly said, “I never thought it could follow you in your next life.” 

Another laugh.

It must have been a strange experience.

“Care to use it now?” He asked respectfully. 

“No.” 

“Why.” 

A pause. “I don't want to.” 

The rejection was somehow offensive. Kim Rok Soo was more than curious after the redhead's short but intriguing explanation. Despite his curiosity, being left unanswered was also fine. He had no need to press on any further as it is Cale's wish to not show him at all. 

“Just once?” He bargained.

“Nah.” 

Damn it all. 

*~*

Sir.” Cale hissed, rage bubbling up inside of him and overtaking his hesitations. So what if they had to jump down an extremely high wall? The problem was how they were going to land unscathed! “Sir. Are you trying to kill me again?” 

Inside of Cale's head, he commended Choi Han for landing on the ground with only a twisted ankle. If it was Cale he would die, literally, like— fuck. Who was going to survive that? 

“Fear not. There's a teleportation device right overrrr—” Kim Rok Soo pointed his index finger on the ground, which was not visible to the eye from up where they were standing. “There.” 

“What the fuck! There is nothing ‘over there’!!” 

Gritting his teeth, Cale hits Kim Rok Soo harshly on the chest as hard as he could before the older man willingly pushes him off the wall. Cale hears the man wince painfully from where he stands as his boots no longer touched the stone wall.

YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!!!” echoed loudly as his figure was slowly engulfed by a radiant illumination beneath him. Next thing he knew, Cale was no longer in the Henituse Territory. 

He awakens in a village, empty and quiet since it was already past 12 am. Cale gulps down hard as he comes in contact with reality, he'd been teleported, without losing any of his limbs. 

He pushes himself of the ground. Kim Rok Soo was already standing there in front of him, calm and collected, with his two children. “Where are we?” He asks, anxiously. 

“Stan Territory.” Kim Rok Soo replied.

Subconsciously, his hand raised and he was ready to leave another hit on Kim Rok Soo's stupid face when suddenly, the ground shakes that instantly halted his intrusive thoughts. 

BOOM! 

The explosion rumbled through his ears. It felt like losing his sense of hearing for a while, before another explosion made him turn towards the source of the noise. 

Is that what he thinks it is?

His eyes travel back to Kim Rok Soo's face, he watches as his expression drop but didn't say a word. He didn't clearly see anything but one thing was clear that Kim Rok Soo understood what is happening, Kim Rok Soo grins afore it washed up to his natural stoic face. 

“Care to lend a helping a hand, Ability User?” 

“I hate you so, so much,” was the last sentence he told Kim Rok Soo when they start running towards the explosion. 

What a fucking joke. 

And Cale was the butt of that joke because he got played by Kim Rok Soo's weird schemes and he should've been able to avoid that if he wasn't stupid.