Princess, don't cry :(

Hmm. It's starting to get fluffy. I might need to do smth about that.

Enjoy!

*~*

“Cale...” 

The familiar voice was alarming in a lot of ways. 

A petite woman sat on the bed, next to a small child that seemed to be sleeping peacefully. At ease hearing the rain pouring in the background and distant thunders out the window. 

“You can't live like that. I won't allow it, you deserve to be happy...” 

The woman picked up a pillow and hovered it over the child's face. The woman's hands trembled as she stifled her child's face, with every intention to suffocate him. She clutched the pillow tightly, muttering under her breath— 

“Please... Please tell me you want to live...” 

“I can't save you.” were left unsaid.

Small arms were raised and tightened on the sides of the pillow. The child struggled helplessly for a while, struggling to break free, struggling to escape from her hold, and a moment had passed before the boy remained unmoving. 

As if she came back to her senses, the woman dropped the pillow unto the side. She quickly stood up, covering her mouth with her hands and took two steps back, almost losing her balance.

She stared at the child with shaky pupils. 

She shook her head. 

Tears threaten to stream down her face, she closes her eyes in frustration. She fears her son, her precious little angel, would discover her crude act and resent her for it.

But he knew, for god knows how he knew, as her child carefully and reluctantly propped up his body and sat up, and he looked at her so innocently. 

Oh. Oh

Her heart aches at the sight. 

He whispers to her in a hushed tone, “Mom.” 

The sound of soft footsteps against the carpet. Her son spread his arms towards her and the woman could no longer bear knowing her son  would suffer so much in the future. She dropped on her knees and enveloped him in a warm embrace as she cried weakly. 

The fact that she was crying right now was only to relieve the guilt. Her actions can not be excused, no matter what. The moment she saw her son's future, she had already failed as a mother.

Her son's voice broke the silence.

“Mom, you know what? My favorite season is when the whole world seems to have turn green, between late spring and early fall. That's when strawberries will grow.” 

Her child whispers in her ear, reassuringly. 

“I forgive you, mom. I'm willing to understand whatever you have to do to me. So it's okay.” Cale comforted her, wiping her tears with his small fingertips. “It's okay, mom, everything will be fine.” 

Trembling and choked with her sobs, she hesitantly pulled away from the embrace, for she didn't feel like she deserved a son with such a kind and merciful heart. 

But it was impossible to let go, as her child slowly said in the most warmest voice she's ever heard in her entire life.

“So do what you have to do. I promise not to hate you..." 

“Cale!" 

She puts her hands on his shoulders, causing him to be slightly surprised. 

“You don't ever forgive someone who hurt you! Even if they had a good reason— your life is way more important— do you understand that?!”