meet your new responsibility

THANK YOU FOR VOTES, AND COMMENTS AYIEIE IM SO HAPPY!  (⁠づ⁠ ̄⁠ ⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠づ

~*~

Seeing Lady Amiru, Cale held a strange feeling.

Cale and Amiru weren't close friends. Sure, they met when he was a kid and they played different sorts of games. Tag, Hide and Seek, House, Knights and Princess. But the only reason they were friends was because of their parents, and, well, Eric-hyung.

Cale Henituse, Amiru Ubarr, Gilbert Chetter, and Eric Wheelsman had a little friend group.

Eric Wheelsman was the one and only person he called 'hyung'. He was a bridge between Cale and his other friends, Gilbert, and Amiru included. Their friendship lasted long, but Eric and Cale lasted longer. Until he pushed everyone away and shut himself behind closed doors.

He had no one. Cale had no friends anymore.

When he had problems and needed help, comfort, and for somebody to be there. Cale had no one to blame but himself. He couldn't complain, it was his fault he didn't have any friends.

Amiru and Cale stared at each other.

It's a bit awkward.

Ehem. EHEM. SEND HELP.

If Eric-hyung was here, he would've said something by now.

Too bad he isn't him. He's just a friend of a friend who she was close to, however Cale and Amiru aren't close friends. They're... in the same friend group.

A friend group that became a trio after Cale left. And it sucks, respectfully, because he has no other friends and the only friend he could call a 'friend' right now was his own highschool teacher.

Not like it's a bad thing. He's grateful for Roksoo.

"I want to talk to him." He said.

"Y-Yes! I'll contact him now, please wait for a moment!"

A few minutes later, Cale is looking at a Kim Rok Soo inside a magic communication ball- whatever this thing was. Poker face, not showing anything. It's almost as if he was disappointed.

“I'm sorry,” Roksoo says first.

Cale's glare intensifies and a moment later, curses can be heard even from outside the bedroom. A devil's manifestation. Servants outside who did not know of the redhead's presence in the estate thinks the place must be haunted, not knowing it was just Cale and his fantastic demonic possession.

“YOU SAID WE WERE GOING TO DO THIS TOGETHER!!!”

“I-”

“YOU MO-THER-FU-CKER, YOU LEFT ME ALONE?!!!!!”

“I can expl—”

Roksoo wasn't able to finish anything through the video communication because Cale had already ended the call before he could. The video communication glowed after, but Cale gave the magic ball to Lady Amiru and told her to ignore it. He then pretended to not feel well and laid down, shooing her away.

At this point, he wouldn't even be surprised if Roksoo did not come back from his ‘business’ at the Henituse Territory.

Cale sleeps through the night.

Roksoo doesn't.

~*~

He's back at the palace.

Apparently, his father had sent an investigation squad to almost everywhere— including Amiru's territory itself. It seems he was really desperate to find him. Cool. The palace was the only place he couldn't lay a hand on, so Roksoo and Amiru agreed to send him to the palace like package.