Chapter 2: Agatha

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the potato sack was lifted.

Agatha blinked and surveyed her surroundings, potato dust speckled on her dark hair. She was in an elaborate room, one with plush cream-colored chairs and a round glass table. She took a few steps forward, her raw and bruised feet sinking into soft velvet carpet. "Where am I?" she rasped, glaring up at her captor.

Hort rubbed his stubbly jaw, his black eyes glinting with hatred. He towered above her now, with sculpted muscles and bulging biceps. Probably did all that for Sophie, Agatha thought bitterly, looking Hort over—

A large fist came down and landed on Agatha's cheek. Agatha stumbled backward, her left cheek stinging with pain. She cupped her cheek, narrowing her eyes at Hort. "What did you do that for?"

Hort snarled, advancing on her. "I did for all the pain you caused Sophie. All the pain—"

"Now, now, Hortie dear, let's take it a notch down, shall we? I would like to handle her myself. Can't have all the fun for yourself, can you?"

Agatha froze, her hands trembling. She knew that voice very, very well. Extremely well, in fact. She swung around to meet Sophie's flashing emerald-green eyes.

"Aggie, my dearest. What brings you here?"