Chapter 5: Sophie

Sophie rubbed her forehead, trying to get Agatha out of her head. Their friendship was over. Plus, even if she did try to become friends with Agatha again, Agatha sure wouldn't let that happen.

"Darling, what's the matter?"

Sophie turned around to meet Rafal's glacier-blue eyes. "Nothing," she responded automatically.

Rafal caressed her cheek with his rose-petal soft touch. "You can tell me anything, my queen," he murmured lovingly, fingering one of Sophie's golden locks.

"I—" Sophie took a deep breath. "What if I made the wrong decision? What if I shouldn't have killed Tedros and Stefan? What if I should have stayed Aggie's friend?" she blurted out.

Rafal's eyes hardened into steely gray. "You never made the wrong decision, Sophie," he said firmly, gripping Sophie's wrist tightly. "Look at us. Look at your life. You're happy right now, with me and Rowen and your beauty makeovers. And then look at Agatha. She's being tortured in a cage right now! All the people she loved have been taken away from her. Plus, she was the one who betrayed you in the first place. She chose Tedros over you." Rafal's tone softened. "Please, my love. Stop thinking about her too much. She's only a distraction."

Sophie nodded dazedly. Her true love was right. Why was she even thinking about Agatha in the first place?

Sophie rolled over and absentmindedly placed a kiss on Rafal's lips. "Goodnight, my love."

Rafal squeezed her hand tightly. "Goodnight."

Sophie watched her true love leave through the door and squeezed her eyes shut.