Chapter 11: Sophie

It was always hard to face Tedros.

Whenever she looked at him, Sophie always saw the same look of horror on his face as she killed every single of the students from the School of Good.

Or the pure disgust on his face as she pierced Merlin's chest with Excalibur. 

It had been so long since she'd seen him and now he was a skinny, bloody mess.

Her fingerglow flickered with uncertainty. Did she really want to hurt her old friends? Did she feel right threatening them?

On the outside, she might look cold and indifferent, but on the inside, she was a total, complete mess. A mix of Good and Evil.

"I'm not going to kill you, ha," she said lightly, seeing the looks of raw terror on Agatha and Tedros's faces. "If I did want to, I would have done it already."

"You could summon Rafal," Tedros blurted. "I mean, to kill us. He'd be fine with it, I think." He quickly added, "After your fight— uh, conversation with him."

Agatha flashed him a glare that even Sophie could decode as, Shut up before I slit your throat myself.

Sophie narrowed her eyes as hardness entered her voice. How arrogant could Tedros really get? "Yeah, no. I don't need Rafal to come every single time I spot you two. It's not like you're a threat."

"How do you know?" Tedros asked very cockily. "We could be a threat." It was the wrong thing to do. 

Sophie pushed him against the wall and leveled her fingerglow at his neck, gripping his neck tight with her other hand. "Better choose your next words carefully or you might die. Never really liked you anyway."

Agatha murmured under her breath, "Shouldn't have talked."

"That's right." Sophie released a gasping, wheezing Tedros. "Listen to your princess," she sneered. "And I have a deal to make."

Tedros scowled at Sophie as he massaged his neck, but he stayed silent. Lesson learned, Sophie thought with satisfaction. "Anyway, listen," she continued sharply, her emerald gaze solely fixed on Agatha's because she knew her former best friend wasn't a complete fool, "I need something from you two." Her gaze darted around cautiously before she lowered her voice. 

"We need to take down Rafal together and restore the balance of Good and Evil."