Maybe it's for the best.

In which you and Tara have been together for more then two years, but even after all those time, she doesn't completely trust you.

~~~~~

"Tara! Are you okay?", you asked when you stormed into her hospital room.

You had received a text from your girlfriend, telling you how she was attacked the night before. Her mother is out of town and normally you would've gone to her house, but something had come up.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you", you fell onto your knees next to the bed she was laying on. Tears welled up in your eyes at the thought of losing her.

"I'm fine, baby. I'm glad you're here now." She caressed your face, wiping away your tears. "I love you, thank you for coming as soon as you could."

"Of course, babygirl. I love you too." You kissed her head. You walked around the bed and sat down on the chair next to it.

"Y/nn, I was so scared, he was wearing a ghostface mask and was stabbing me and I thought I was going to die." She whispered as she reached for your hand.

"I know, baby. You're okay now and I'm here now." You took her hand in yours and rubbed your thumb over the back of her hand.

You talked for a little longer until your friends arrived. They all said their hellos and asked a few questions until the door opened once more.

Sam walked in with a man behind her. "How are you feeling?". She quickly walked to her sister.

"You came?" Tara asked with a light smile. Sam bend down next to her and caressed her cheek.

"Of course, I came", she looked around the room to see who was there. She looked us all in the eyes. "Hey guys". She hugged everyone and introduced us to the man, who was her boyfriend. "And hey Amber and y/n".

"Maybe we should leave to give Tara some space. She needs to rest", Amber suggested. We all nod and everyone starts to leave.

You stood up and bend down to kiss her head. "I'll be in the hallway if you need me". She nodded and gave you a little smile before pulling you down by the back of your neck and kissing your mouth softly. "Get some rest, baby. I will be back". You hugged her once more and left the room, but not without seeing the shocked look on Sam's face.

Chad, Mindy and Amber were still in the waiting room, so you went to sit with them. You plopped down in the chair next to Mindy.

"Everything will be alright, Y/N", Chad said and gripped your shoulder to give you some comfort. You winced. "What's wrong?", he asked.

"I hurt my shoulder. It's nothing", you brushed it off, not wanting to talk about it anymore. You couldn't tell them where you got the bruise. That would mean telling them everything.

"Really? How did you hurt it?", Amber asked suspiciously. She leaned forward and rest her elbows on her knees.

You avoided her eyes that were piercing through your soul. "I hit the door".

Suddenly, she stood up and walked over to you. She pulled your hoodie down roughly. The big purple bruise visible very clearly now. "Are you sure you just hit the door and it's not from Tara fighting back when you tried to kill her?".

Chad's and Mindy's eyes grew wide. "Y/nn, you what?"

"No, No! I didn't! I would never. You have to believe me. Mindy, please you know me", you pleaded as you turned to your friend.

"Yes I do, and I also know who your father is, Macher. How did you really get that bruise?" She asked you, now also suspicious of you.

"I... I can't tell you", I looked away ashamed.