"Chad broke my arm"

Tara woke up with a banging headache, the telltale sign of a hangover. She groaned and rolled out of her bed, her head pounding. As she made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water, she saw you lying on the couch, still fast asleep. Chad was also passed out on the floor, remnants of a wild night strewn about.

In the kitchen, Mindy, Anika, and Sam were engaged in conversation. Tara mumbled a groggy "Morning" as she entered the room.

"Good morning," Mindy greeted cheerfully, handing Tara some paracetamol to ease her headache.

"How was the party?" Sam asked as she sipped on her coffee.

The only reason she allowed them to go to the party was because it was your first time attending one. After everything that had happened, Sam thought you deserved to enjoy a night out.

"It was fine, I think. I don't really remember," Tara admitted, rubbing her tired eyes.

Mindy couldn't help but tease, "Yeah, you really had fun with y/n last night," causing Tara's cheeks to flush with embarrassment.

Tara had carried a crush on you for a long time, but she had never explicitly expressed her feelings because she wasn't certain how you felt. She had dropped hints, but you never seemed to pick up on them. Living together in the same apartment only intensified her emotions, making it even harder to keep her feelings in check.

A couple of months ago, after the Woodsboro attacks, you moved in with Sam and Tara. You attended the same college as Tara and had known them since childhood, so Sam welcomed the idea of you moving in. The apartment was relatively spacious, with four rooms, one for each of you. To cover the rent, you, Quinn, and Sam contributed financially, allowing Tara to focus on her studies without needing to work.

Suddenly, a scream from the living room caught their attention. Rushing to the source of the commotion, they found you sitting on the floor, cradling your hand against your chest, tears welling up in your eyes.

"What happened?" Sam asked with concern as she knelt next to you, gently taking your injured arm and inspecting your wrist. Your hand was bent in an unnatural position, a clear sign of a fracture.

"Chad broke my arm!" you exclaimed, the pain evident in your voice.

Chad, trying to defend himself, retorted, "Who the heck leaves their hand on the floor? How was I supposed to see it?"

"I was sleeping, dude! How was I supposed to know you can't use your eyes and watch where you're going?" you shot back in frustration.

Tara intervened, rubbing your back gently and trying to soothe the situation. "Calm down, guys."

You leaned into Tara, your head resting on her shoulder, while she comforted you by softly scratching the back of your neck. "It hurts," you whimpered, tears streaming down your cheeks.

Chad, apparently feeling overshadowed, couldn't hide his jealousy, making a snide comment, "Stop crying, crybaby. It's not so bad."

Sam was quick to respond, "I'll take y/n to the hospital. And in the meantime, Chad, if you can't apologize and act like a man, you are not welcome here anymore!"

-

"I don't want to go," you told Sam as you hesitated in front of the hospital building.

"I know, but you don't really have a choice," Sam insisted, guiding you inside.

As you and Sam entered the sterile, well-lit hospital building, a wave of dread washed over you. The antiseptic smell and harsh glare of the fluorescent lights triggered haunting memories of the Woodsboro attack from the year before. It was as if you had been transported back to that night, reliving the chaos, the screams, and the relentless fear that had engulfed you. Your heart began to race, and a cold sweat formed on your brow.

The memories threatened to consume you, and you struggled to maintain your composure. Sam, always perceptive and empathetic, noticed your distress and immediately came to your side. She gripped your shoulder firmly, offering words of comfort and support. "It's okay, I'm here for you," she said in a soothing tone, her words a lifeline in the sea of panic that threatened to drown you. "You're safe now."

You nodded weakly, trying to focus on Sam's words and the feeling of her hand on your shoulder. Her support was a much-needed source of strength, reminding you that you weren't alone in this moment of vulnerability.

Once you were ushered into the examination room, the doctor carefully examined your injured hand. You winced as he probed the area, confirming that, indeed, you had a broken bone. As the doctor explained the treatment plan and informed you that you would need a cast, the reality of your injury sank in.

All because Chad didn't watch where he was going.

-

"Come to another party with us," Tara pleaded as she sat next to you on the couch.

"I can't. Someone broke my hand," you replied, holding up your hand in a cast.

You weren't exactly in the mood for another party, but Tara's pleading eyes made it hard to say no. Despite your reluctance, you couldn't resist her charm, and you agreed to go to yet another party.

The night was a blur of music, laughter, and too many drinks. It felt like a whirlwind, and you found yourself drinking more than you probably should have. The alcohol clouded your judgment, making it difficult to focus on the events of the night.

At one point, a girl at the party made advances toward you, suggesting you go home together. Panic immediately washed over you, and you felt like you couldn't breathe. You didn't want to go with her, but it was difficult to communicate your distress. That's when Tara, ever watchful and attuned to your emotions, rushed to your side.

She placed herself between you and the persistent girl, offering a clear, firm "No" on your behalf. Tara's presence was a reassuring shield, protecting you from a situation you didn't want to be in. Mindy and Anika, who were keeping a watchful eye on you, also stepped in to ensure that you were safe and comfortable.

As the night wore on and the drinks continued to flow, the lines between you blurred, and you found yourself drawn even closer to Tara. The combination of alcohol and your long-standing feelings for her was intoxicating, and you ended up giving in to your desires, sharing a passionate, intimate moment.

The morning sun gently filtered through the curtains, waking you up from a hazy sleep. You opened your eyes, disoriented, and realized that you were lying next to Tara in her bed, completely naked. Panic initially surged through you, and you wondered how you had ended up in this situation.

Tara stirred beside you, her eyes fluttering open, and she looked just as bewildered. "Oh, God," she muttered, her face turning red with embarrassment. "I... I can't believe this happened."

You offered a small, uncertain smile, still processing the events of the night before. "Yeah, me neither."