Chapter 27

“Why?!”  I asked, referring to Shay

We're the only words that could come out my mouth. Mara switching sides didn't really hurt as I didn't know her that long, but for Shay? I looked at her like my sister I was literary breaking apart right now.

Shay kissed her teeth before steadying the gun she aimed behind my head.

“I needed to see you guys suffer, when the offer came I took it…" Shay said.

Flashback

Shay POV (The day of Lani grand opening from chapter 14)

Tonight was Kaylani grand opening of her hair salon. I know I should be happy, but I couldn't this was my dream.

Doing hair was something I loved, but here she comes and steel it just like everything else. Lani and Kay always took the spotlight as I remained in the shadows.

Me, Lani and Alexander stood outside as Kay went inside with Rome.

I watch Alex kiss Lani forehead, I wish that was me.

"And shay you need a man” Alex added

I rolled my eyes heading inside.

I heard a little noise in the dark corner, so I went and checked it out. a gasped left my mouth as my legs stayed glued to the floor watching Rome and Kay kiss

Nasty bitch

Clicking a picture without them noticing, I took off.

*****
2 weeks later (Chapter 15)

After Mara helped me pick out a dress because those want to be independent bitches don't got, no style, wonder how they got a man.

Now the real event was here. I watched Chad sitting down looking so fine, eyes searching the restaurant for me. Putting on my best smile, I made my way to him.

I lied about my date with whoever name I called

“Hey”

I know this would be easy!

Chad gave me a look of disgust

I cleared my throat, showing him the photo I took two weeks ago.

“This what you call me for? Listen dude isn't Kay supposed to be your friend?”

“None of are, I don't like them” I replied

“I hate the fat one but damn nigga” Chad said

“Are you going to overlook this? She cheated on you!” I snapped standing up, leaving a paper with my address on it.

“When she fucks up you know where I live” I added

Leaving him sitting here
**********
Few months later