Prologue

"This isn't fair!" I said outrageously, standing in the doorway of my parent's room.

"You saw your grandma long ago." My mom said.

"When you said I have to work, I wasn't thinking about grandma's store." I moaned.

"Why? Where do you want to work?" My dad asked.

"I don't know but..."

"See? You will feel good, don't worry." I growled and I walked angrily to my room, and then closed it, making it audible that I didn't want that.

Why do I have to work? Because I always want to buy something like a shopaholic. Maybe I am. I exhausted my credit card on my last purchase. After that, I had to buy clothes because they were too adorable to leave them in the shop so I "borrowed" my dad's credit card, which my parents found out and told me that if I won't work for these things, I couldn't buy anything from now on. Not even a bottle of water. They are so awful!

"You're so funny Liz." Isabell said cheerfully.

"Unfortunately, it's not a joke." I sighed. "I have to work...there." I looked at the salad on the table and even my appetite was gone because mention that.

"What? Really? Do you swear by it?" Sophia looked at me in amazement.

"Yeah." I said. They looked at each other with raised eyebrows as if they didn't believe that this was true.

"Ugh. Are you really going to work in an old store?" Isabell asked.

"Yes. I need new stuff." I said sadly.

"What I can't hear! This is true? Will the popular Liz Nelson work in an old, smelly store?" Maya and her friend stopped at our table. "What happened? Did the company go bankrupt?" She smiled smugly.

"You only wish. None of your business." I blew out the air angrily.

"I can lend you if you think. Although I don't think you can pay it back." Please say she don't know.

"Leave me alone." I said seriously.

"What's wrong? Don't you want everyone to know you're going to work in a shop because you spend so much?" She said the second half of the sentence aloud so that the whole dining room would pay attention to us.

"If you don't disappear, I'll tear out your hair extension." I whispered angrily.

"Alright Nelson. I hope you have fun. Maybe I'll check it out sometimes to see if you're still alive." Maya and her friend, whose name I don't know, walked out of the dining room. For this, I just rolled my eyes and started staring at my food. I shook my head and looked up, and immediately everyone caught their eye. Only one person looked at our table, namely Zack, the captain of the basketball team. When I looked at him, he looked away and continued the conversation with his teammates. Great. Now everyone thinks I have a fixed shopping compulsion. Summer starts well I feel.

"Don't look at me like that anymore." My mom said when the last day of school is over.

"You force me to do it." I said offended.

"Firstly, I do not force anyone to do anything. Secondly, you have to learn to appreciate money."

"Of course, Maya doesn't have to work." I whispered under my nose.

"I don't know who this Maya is, but she's not my daughter. Why didn't you invite Isabell and Sophia to work together?" Dumplings formed in my throat.

"It didn't come to my mind." I said while I looked out the window.

Truth be told, wedidn't really talk after they know about this work thing. They'll both bepartying, drinking and on vacation, which I've done so far. Life is not fair!