Fifth chapter

"The world has changed a lot." She mumbled when we walked through a park.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Maybe I can only see it so though I haven't been out in a long time so it may not be so, but it's like everything is more colorful and beautiful." I smiled. I've never even looked at this place like that.

"Have you been to a genie during the war?" It suddenly came to my mind. She nodded and sat down a bench. I sat down next to her.

"It was dark times, a lot of people..."

"You don't have to continue if you don't want." I said. She nodded and looked at the clouds.

"Are you hot?" She asked after a while. I frowned.

"I have never been asked this before." I mumbled. She chuckled.

"That's not what I was thinking about. Of course, you're hot. I mean don't you need a bottle of water or something?" She looked at me with an innocent regard and a cute smile. I blushed.

"No, thanks." I looked away.

"Okay, but you know it only costs you a word." She whispered close to my ear. I looked at her in fear and she peered happily at the sky. What do you want to achieve, you angelic creature who looking like an angel?

Then we set off again. After we passed the Gucci store, I slowed my pace and stopped to stare at the shop window.

"Wow. How..." Amanda started but I interrupt her.

"Pretty." I said in a dreamy voice, staring the GG Marmont medium matelassé shoulder bag.

"Expensive." She said and looked at me weird.

"I don't have that much money." I sighed and I set off staring at the ground. Then I suddenly looked up and started walking backwards and looked at the bag and then at Amanda.

"Amanda." She raised her left eyebrow. "I want that bag." I pointed there. She smiled devilishly.

"You have to rub the lamp." She said. As fast as I could, I fished out the lamp from my bag and started rubbing.

"I want that bag." I said. A little purple mist came out of the lantern and the bag already appeared to me. I put the lantern in my other bag, and I looked at the bag with amazement.

"I suggest you to run." Amanda said. I looked at her questioningly. Then a deafening beep sounded, and I looked at the shop window where it came from. At one moment I was still looking at the shop window and at the other I was already looking out of my head behind the cells of a prison.

"I can't believe it. Specifically, I stole a bag, but I didn't even move." I muttered and stared out of my head.

"I should have asked for the bag's price, right?" I looked at Amanda. She nodded.

"One learns from one's mistakes and once they do, they will always be wiser. A sudden decision shouldn't be made."

"It doesn't help. I thought you can't give any advice." I frowned.

"You have already made the first mistake and learned from it for sure." I sighed and I leaned my back against the wall.

"What is the second lesson?" She shrugged with a smile.

"I don't know what you're going to want next so I can't and mustn't give advice. Everyone learns from different kinds of mistakes."

"There is no point in this lantern thing."

"Maybe. But if you think about it, it is."

"Why did I rub it at all?" I moaned and closed my eyes.

"If you think I can do you a favor. You know what you have to do, don't you?" I heard it from my ear again and the cold shook me pleasantly.

"As much as I want, I won't waste my second wish on this." I said.

"It's your problem." She said and conjured herself a hammock and a newspaper in her hand.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I am bored because there is nothing specifically in this place and you aren't willing to get us out of here." She said without looking at me and even conjured herself a cocktail. I rolled my eyes.

After a few minutes of silence, I heard footsteps approaching the cell and looked out at it.

"Liz Nelson?" I nodded. "The bail was set for you. You are free." He opened the cell door and we walked together to the exit.

"Who paid for it?" I thought aloud.

"Who do you think was my sweet daughter?" I hear my dad's voice who looked at me angrily with his arms folded.

"Am in a trouble?" I looked at him in fear.

"This isn't a question. Get out." He said angrily and I and got in the car with my back hunched over. "I can't believe you did that. That's exactly why we sent you to work to learn from your mistakes. You need to grateful for this because I gave you money after what you did. How did it even occur to you that you were stealing from Gucci? One of the oldest and most famous stores in the world. You're lucky I know the owner and he won't report you or charge you." He sighed. "In the remaining days you will not go anywhere but will stay in your room. Did you understand?"

"Yeah." I said in a muffled voice.

"I can't believe what the neighbors will think." He mumbled.

"It was rough to hear." Amanda said next to me, but I didn't look at her. "Don't worry Liz, I will keep you entertained for those few days." I faintly smiled.