Second chapter

"Anyway, this job isn't so bad." I said to Zoe two weeks later and at that moment I pushed down a vase with my hand. "Geez. Don't tell to..."

"To whom should she not tell?" Zack asked. I looked at him shocked.

"Ahm." I just stared at him, and I had no idea what to say. Who is Zack? The most handsome guy in the school and maybe I like him. Zack leaned down to pick up the shattered pieces and began to walk forward.

"Zoe. I'll buy this." He said and disappeared from my field of vision.

"Everything is okay?" My grandma touched my shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said in a dreamy voice and headed left.

"Liz! Garden tools are in another direction." She said. I saw Zack and finally came to my senses. I blushed and started walking in the right direction. So awkward.

"Finally." I said after when working time was over.

"Are you alright?" Zoe asked with a smile.

"Not now. I'm tired." I said and I was ready to leave the store.

"Would you like to drink something?" She asked.

"Hm?" I turned to her.

"You know after what happened I thought I'd invite you."

"Why?" I looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"I thought we are friends or something but forget it." She turned and started to walk.

"I accept it." She turned with a frown.

"I can't buy anything either and it's free." She laughed but she didn't say anything.

"Where are we going?" I asked after I saw that she began to walk purposefully.

"Starbucks. I thought it would be good considering you keep taking your coffee from there." I stopped. She looked at me. "Were you surprised? Don't think you're so special. I know a lot about a lot of our classmates. Come. I can't hang on to it. I'm busy." After getting over this info, I walked after her and entered the store. For safety's sake, I looked apart.

"Don't worry. 99 percent that we don't have an acquaintance here. They won't see you with me." She said without looking at me. I feel like I'm feeling bad because she's right.

Zoe asked herself for a hot chocolate and she asked me for my favorite coffee. I don't even ask how she know.

"What?" She laughed when we sat down at a table near one of the windows.

"Don't be offended please but you're weird."

"Because I observe people?" I nodded. "They don't really care about me at school." She whispered and began to look at her hands.

"Don't you have friends?" I frowned. She shook her head, and she didn't seem like anything hilarious.

"But Zack..." She raised her head.

"Zack?" She frowned.

"I thought you two were okay or something." I muttered and started fiddling with my hair.

"Do you want to join the queue too?" She rolled her eyes.

"What queue?" I frowned.

"Zack loves to have fun with girls." She rolled her eyes.

"You...too?" She shook her head with a smile.

"He is my cousin." I surprised. "That's true. Whenever we meet, he is even tell me who he was with where he was and it is tiring and childish." She rolled her eyes and she drank into her drink. "I love him as a cousin, so I advise you if you want to be with someone, I don't think he would be a good choice even though who knows. I hope you don't resent me for saying that."

"No, don't worry." I said and I took a sip of the hot coffee. The warm juice flowed down my throat slowly and it made me smile as I was so unlucky that I fell asleep in the morning and so I couldn't get my energy supply. "Don't you like coffee?"

"It's half past three." She said, strangely my question.

"And?" I asked with a smile and drink again.

"Coffee is harmful in the afternoon."

After she saying this, the bell rang to signal to everyone, but especially to the bartenders, that new guests had arrived at the cafe. I glanced over there, though maybe I shouldn't have, as Isabell and Sophia came in the door and headed for the counter. I bowed my head down a little and tried to hide behind my hair so they wouldn't notice. But my prayers weren't heard when I heard the chair next to me squeak and they greet us accusingly at time same time as if they were just twins.

"Hello." They said and looked at me. "What's up Liz?" Sophia asked.

"Who is she?" Isabell asked after that. As Isabell sat closer to Zoe, she heard this and stood up without a word and threw out her plastic cup and walked out the door. What would have been the right decision? Go after her but I didn't do it because she isn't important.

"Other times you could be a little kinder Isabell." I grumbled and took a breath. "Nothing special. I work. Why didn't you write me back?" I said indignantly.

"Don't judge me. I was on vacation in the Caribbean." Isabell said.

"I was in France." Sophia said in a sophisticated voice.

"That's why you didn't have time to talk to me?" I asked.

"Because you misbehave with money, don't blame us for having fun and ignoring you while... you're working." Sophia said and she pretended to be shaken by the cold.

"Not as bad as I imagined." I mumbled.

"Liz what happened to you? Can you hear yourself? Are you sick?" Isabell asked with a distorted face. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'll be free in four weeks, then I can go to the party again." I smiled because I knew they wouldn't resist the parties.

"Thank god. I thought we lost old Liz, but luckily that couldn't happen." Sophia said and they both drank their already half-cold coffee.