Tenth chapter

Dad showed them the living room and we all went in and sat down.

"I have to ask you to leave the room." The man with the name Fred on his board said this to my father.

"Of course. If I need me, I'll be in the kitchen." He said and he looked at me one last time.

"Let me introduce myself to you, I'm Fred Wright and he is my colleague Pete Robins next to me. I will now ask a few questions about the case while my colleague takes notes. All right??" Fred asked. I nodded. "Great. Can you tell me about where you met Maya?"

"In primary school." I said in a trembling voice, but I quickly gathered myself. I can do it!"

"How was your relationship with Maya then?" He tilted his head a bit.

"Actually none." I said.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me with narrowed eyes which wasn't help.

"We didn't really talk to each other."

"Why?"

"Maybe because we both had our friends."

"If you could go back in time, would you talk to her?" I frowned.

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Ok. How has your relationship with Maya been over the past three years?" I looked away.

"We weren't friends." I said.

"Is she your classmate, right?" I nodded. "Can you describe Maya in three words?"

"Fashionable... honest... and the best in almost everything." I said it with a sore heart.

"How did she treat the others?"

"She was kind." Just not with me.

"How did she treat with you?" I swallowed.

"Like the others." I lied.

"We are now waiting for an honest answer." He leaned closer with folded hands. "Have you ever been jealous of her?" I frowned.

"No, I wasn't."

"Not even when she won the math tournament in seventh grade, where you only finished second, or when she won the prose writing competition in ninth grade, and you finished second again? Or when you were in tenth grade your boyfriend broke up with you because of her and became hers?" Grabbing my knee, I looked at the floor. "What did you see in the dining room, Liz? Tell me!"

"Maya talked about the presidential election and disappeared. That's all I saw." I said indignantly and went into my room.

Honestly. I don't miss her. I have always lived in her shadow.

"First place Maya."

"Maya was excellent."

"Liz one day you'll win something and beat Maya, I'm sure."

"We have to break up because I cheated on you because Maya is better." I grumbled and pulled out the lamp from my bag, I threw it hard on the floor, but nothing happened to it. I picked it up and threw it away again. Amanda appeared and looked at me sadly.

"What are you doing?" She asked sadly.

"What does it look like? I smash the lantern. Why did you do this?" I looked at her angrily.

"I just obeyed the order." She said fearfully and grabbed her wrists and kneeling on the floor crying. I scratched my neck nervously. It was so much today that I refused to listen that even she was crying because I am angry and that is why she has to suffer because I asked a stupid wish again. I knelt down without any thought, raising her face, and kissed her. It couldn't last more than three seconds, but it was enough to focus on the person sitting in front of me instead of everything else. She looked at me in surprise, but she wasn't the only person in the room who was surprised. I looked around the room in shock to understand what I had done before.

"Amanda, I'm sorry. I..." But before I could finish, she ran her fingers into my hair and pulled me back to her lips. I hugged her waist as she sat down on the floor with her back against the wall and pulled me into her lap. Her right hand migrated to my waist and pulled me even closer. I moaned and pulled away from her without looking at her. We both gasped loudly for air while I stood up trembling and went into the bathroom to see a flushed tousled red-lipped and brightly gleaming eye in the mirror. After washing my face, I went back in fear, waiting for Amanda's reaction. I was afraid she was still sitting there and looking at me longingly that I couldn't tolerate myself. To my surprise, she wasn't there so I sat down on the bed. I have no idea that I should be happy or not because she isn't here. I couldn't think about this for long because I heard a sound as if someone was tossing my window. I went there with my eyebrows raised and just then I saw a pebble fall to the ground. I look at the person and didn't believe my eyes. Zack Thomson.