Chapter 1

Belly Conklin had exhaled while all she wanted to do was cry. She remembered every single moment that she and Conrad had shared during their six months together, and the more she thinks about it all, the more it hurts. She exhaled as she sat outside of the house in the car, wanting to get out, as she heard her phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi, sorry to bother. My name is Trusky. I'm Conrad Fisher's college roommate. Am I speaking to Belly Conklin?

"Yes, you are. Is everything okay?" Belly asked as she wiped her tears away.

"Conrad is missing."

Those words had pierced through Belly's soul and instantly, all she could think about was what he had meant.

"What do you mean?" Belly asked.

"He argued with someone on the phone, said everything was fucked, and then he stated he was going with his cousins to the beach," Trusky said as Belly thought for a moment.

"I'm worried about him, Belly. He has been depressed and totally down. Things have been a disaster. He had a panic attack the other day," Trusky said as Belly's eyes widened.

"Leave it to me. I know where he is, and I'll bring him home," Belly said as she ended the call and immediately drove.

Reaching for her phone, she had called the number as she knew he wasn't going to answer, but she had to try.

Hey, it's Conrad. You know what to do. Leave a message.

"Conrad it's me. Please call me back as soon as you get this."

Belly exhaled as she stepped on the gas and before she knew it, she had exited Pennsylvania, and was heading to Massachusetts. She had taken a deep breath while she heard as the music started to play through the radio. Her eyes teared up remembering about last December. Conrad came to pick her up in Philadelphia, and they headed down to Cousins. Seeing snow on the beach was something that Belly wanted to experience all her life, but it was what happened after they came inside to get warm that was constantly in her mind. Belly and Conrad decided after two months of dating that their relationship was stable enough to be more intense.

Their first time had been special and something that Belly would never want to reverse. But it was that Conrad stated at his mother's funeral that he should never had started anything with Belly, and that it was a mistake, that made her heart want to burst into a thousand pieces each time she thought of him. She wanted to take that memory away more than anything, because to her he was still the sweet Conrad Fisher who stated that he wanted her, and who gave her the stars and the moon. Who gave her a summer that she would never forget, and who made their six months together feel like a lifetime together.

Conrad Fisher sat in the summer house of his late mother. Never before did he think that he would be back in that house again. He looked at his phone seeing the front screen picture of the previous summer and he wanted to break down. Conrad had regret a lot of things. The fact that his mother had passed away due to cancer. The fact that his brother had killed himself in a car accident and the fact that he and his father wasn't getting along. But what made it worse, is that he no longer had anyone. He had pushed Belly, the only girl he had truly loved, away and that came at a hard price for him.

Belly stopped the car outside of the family house in Cousins as she saw the car and instantly, she knew that things were going to explode. She exhaled while she got out of her car, and went inside the house. The summer house still held all of the memories that was made, but Belly no longer knew what they were.

"Conrad?" Belly said as she walked through the house.

She knew what was going on in Conrad's head. She's known him her whole life. She rushed through the house when she saw as he was outside by the pool. She rushed over to him as she grabbed his arm and he looked at her.

"Belly? What..."

"Trusky called. Hell knows where he got my number, but he called. This is not the solution," Belly said as Conrad looked away from her.

He couldn't look Belly in the eye. He didn't know why, but he couldn't, Belly tucked her hand behind his ear, forcing him to look at her, as she saw the tears forming in his eyes.

"I've lost everyone, Belly, I..."

"No, you haven't. Your mom and Jere may not be here anymore, and your father is one shit father, but you have not lost me. Not when you broke up with me and not when you stated we were a mistake," Belly said.

"We weren't a mistake. I never meant that, I am so..."

"It's okay," Belly said shaking her head.

"It's okay. We were both a mess during that time. I forgive you," Belly said as she hugged Conrad, feeling as he gripped onto her shirt, holding on as if his life depended on it.

"We'll be okay, I promise," Belly said.