Chapter 7

In a way, Belly felt like time stood still. She had looked out of the window at the moving car. Yes. Belly and Conrad were heading back home to Philadelphia, the place that Belly had called her home, and the place that a lot had happened in. During the time of their romance, Conrad had spent some time in Philadelphia. It felt right and was like a home to him. It didn't mean that things weren't difficult for either one of them.

"What do you think will your mom say about all of this?" Conrad asked.

He was driving Belly's car and while it was just one thing that would change, both were nervous about how Laurel would react. Conrad knew that things were rough between Belly and her own mom, but what he didn't know was that Belly and Steven also fell apart.

"How are you going to deal with Steven? Let me rather ask you that," Conrad said as Belly exhaled and looked back at him.

"I love you, I truly do, but don't ask me about what I'm about to do regarding my brother," Belly said as Conrad knew what that had meant.

"Things were complicated before, hey?" Conrad said as Belly had nodded.

"They still are. I'm just waiting for them to explode," Belly said.

Conrad had stopped the car in front of the house and pressed on the horn. He knew that Steven and Laurel would both come out. But when the door had opened, Conrad only saw Steven. He exhaled as he and Belly got out of the car while Steven stood still at the door.

"So you went to Cousins?" Steven asked as Belly looked at Conrad.

"Yeah. Conrad needed me," Belly said as Steven exhaled and hugged his sister.

"I am so sorry. I never meant for us to break down even further. Mom went to New York for that book tour. I'm glad you're here, Con," Steven said.

"Yeah, sorry it's a few days late. I wanted to come down for your graduation, but I was busy with a final," Conrad said.

"I understand, and thanks for bringing her home," Steven said as Belly smiled at Conrad.

"Is Team Conrad back?" Steven asked as Belly chuckled.

"We are," Belly said.

"Come on in. Think this calls for some coffee," Steven said as Conrad smiled.