Chapter 3

Belly and Conrad were sitting by the pool outside as both of them were slowly getting used to one another again. Belly smiled as she looked at her phone ringing yet again and saw it was her brother. She exhaled and shook her head as she had put her phone away.

"Why is Steven looking for you?" Conrad asked.

"He and I fought at his grad party. It wasn't a pleasant experience, and when I got Trusky's call, I just drove here straight from that party, and haven't had contact with him nor my mom. I can't right now," Belly said.

"What did you guys fight about?" Conrad asked.

"A lot. How we are dealing with your mom's death in different ways. How having Jeremiah wasn't enough, I had to have you as well..."

"Does your brother want to get beaten up? That is not how the story went, and he knows that," Conrad said as Belly scoffed.

"Tell Steven that, 'cause he sees it like that," Belly said, exhaling, as Conrad brushed over her hair.

"Hey, we couldn't have predicted how things would turn out. Neither one of us could," Conrad said as Belly nodded.

"Well, my brother is pissed at me, and Taylor hates me because I had let everything go after the breakup. I'm not doing volleyball anymore. I choked at regionals, and that caused coach to let me go. From my captaincy as well as the team in general. Taylor is not pleased with me at all," Belly said.

"I'm so sorry, that's all my fault," Conrad said as Belly shook her head.

"I was the one who broke things off, not you," Belly said.

"I didn't give you much of a choice, I was a mess after April," Conrad said.

"Well, let's both see to doing that differently. I'm not going home tomorrow. I think I'm going to stay here for awhile, be with you," Belly said.

"I'm heading to Boston tomorrow to deal with my father. Wanna come with then?" Conrad asked as Belly nodded.

"Yeah, let's see how majorly Adam is going to be a dick. Have you and your father spoken about... What you told me in September?" Belly asked as Conrad exhaled.

In an emotional phone call, talking about Susannah's disease and how Jeremiah had been doing, Conrad had revealed that Adam had cheated on Susannah with his secretary, Kayleigh, when Susannah was sick the first time round. It was an emotional experience for Belly, although she knew it was a lot more tough on Conrad.

"No, but I did make the mistake to tell Jere after Mom's death. He went to confront my dad, and that was when he had his accident. He drove back home from my dad's and..." Conrad said as he exhaled slowly and Belly dragged her fingers through Conrad's hair.

"Things didn't work out the way that we thought they would, and that is okay in a sense," Belly said as Conrad smiled.

"Yeah, it will," Conrad said looking at Belly.

He had smiled at the young girl, as he grabbed her, and both jumped into the swimming pool. Belly felt the water going above her head as she slowly rose up from under the water, laughing, and smiling.

"Conrad!" Belly yelled as he splashed her with water and went closer.

"You are a pain," Belly said.

"Yeah?" Conrad said, snaking his arm around Belly's waist, and pulled her in closer to him, crashing his lips into hers.

"Well... At least not a painful one," Belly said as Conrad smiled.

"Be my girlfriend?" Conrad asked as Belly smiled and kissed him again.

"Always," Belly said.