Chapter 8

Steven watched as Conrad and Belly were sitting outside and talking. He shook his head, smiling as he carried the coffee out. Belly smiled at her brother while each took a cup and went to sit down on the grass.

"Have you seen your dad yet, Con?" Steven asked.

"Let's just state that I didn't go well and move to a different topic," Conrad said.

"How long are you staying here?" Steven asked as Belly looked at Conrad.

"Awhile. I don't think I'm just going to pop in. Staying here for a few weeks will make it worth my while. I was thinking we could all head back down for the fourth tho," Conrad said as Steven nodded.

"Sounds good," Steven said as Belly smiled.

"Will Mom be back then?" Belly asked as Steven nodded.

"I'll ask her to meet us there," Steven said.

"It's good to be here with you guys. Something tells me my relationship with my father is now done," Conrad said.

"Don't worry, mine with my mother is as well. We're not even talking," Belly said as Conrad looked at her.

"Why?" Conrad asked.

"She blames Belly for how she acted at your mom's funeral. She hates Belly for that to be honest. And they don't really talk either," Steven said.

"I think we are just kinda worried about how everything will change then. Mom is just scared after everything that has happened," Belly said.

"But you guys are okay?" Conrad asked.

"Connie, don't worry about it. We will be fine," Belly said as Conrad looked at her.

"Yeah, I don't believe that," Conrad said.

"Steven, help me," Belly said.

"I am actually worried about how you and Mom are going to fix your relationship," Steven said as Belly exhaled and rubbed her eyes.

"Well, don't, because at the end of the day it's going to work out. Conrad, me and my mom are going to take time, okay? But we will be okay. I promise, okay?" Belly said as Conrad just nodded.

"Okay then. Let's have a great summer then," Conrad said.