Chapter 2

They were sitting on the beach with the waves crashing in the early morning hours. Belly had looked over at Conrad, unsure what went on in his mind, but knew he was struggling. The death of his mother he had seen coming and had time to prepare himself for it, but the death of his younger brother came against a much harder price. After a fight that Conrad and Jeremiah had after the funeral he got in his car and drove. Conrad wanted to rush after him, but he was too empty to even think about it. The next morning he had gotten a phone call stating that his brother had passed away and that was it. Conrad broke down. Ever since May, nobody was able to know what wen ton in his head and it was like he was unpredictable.

"I'm sorry."

With the words Belly had looked over at her ex-boyfriend. Moving closer she laid her head on his shoulder while it wasn't clear what either had felt. They were just... There.

"You don't have to be sorry, Conrad. I just wish you were able to fully trust that things will work out. You know. It was last year, this time when we sat on this beach. It was after I snuck out to that beach party and saw you kissing Nicole. It seems like so long ago," Belly said as Conrad exhaled.

"Hey," Conrad said moving his body as Belly looked at him.

"Thank you for driving all this way," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"Of course. I'm always here, Conrad," Belly said as Conrad smiled and pulled his fingers through Belly's hair.

"The biggest mistake I made was saying we were a mistake, 'cause we weren't. Belly, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"Maybe we both just need each other so much that we can't live without the other," Belly said.

"I love you," Conrad said as Belly smiled at him.

"I love you too, Conrad," Belly said.

She felt as Conrad stroke his fingers over her cheek. The feeling of his warm hands on her face was comforting, like something that would always be there. Belly had smiled as Conrad moved closer, pressing his lips on hers, a feeling she was familiar with. Belly moved closer, deepening the kiss, as Conrad pulled away and looked at the young girl. He smiled at her and threw his arm around her body as she rested her head on his chest.

"This is something I wanted to do all of last summer. Sit with you by the beach, holding you, and just being us. I missed you," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"I missed you too," Belly said.