Chapter 6

Belly looked as Conrad was busy packing up his room. The experience still felt so weird. She was in his childhood bedroom while things seemed different. Belly had only before seen Conrad's summer room at the summer house, but never before has she seen the winter version if his room. It looked different. More messy, unlike his organized room in Cousins. Everything was scattered all around the room. Books, pens, papers, pieces of clothing. It kinda looked like Belly's room.

"Are you okay, Conrad?" Belly asked as Conrad looked at her.

"I don't really have a choice. It's okay, Belly. I'll be fine," Conrad said as he socked clothes in a bag.

"Conrad, I didn't ask if you were going to be okay. I asked if you are okay," Belly said as Conrad smiled.

Conrad didn't often share his emotions. At the age of 16, he had started to struggle with panic attacks and he had preferred to deal with them mostly on his own. During their relationship and after it had fallen apart, Conrad didn't share a whole lot with his mother or anyone else. He kept quiet for a big majority of the problems and the feelings that he felt. It was easier.

"I'm okay, Bells," Conrad said as Belly looked at him.

"I just want to make sure you're okay," Belly said.

"I know you do, and I appreciate that so much. I appreciate you. But this is my father. He thinks that he can do whatever he wants, and I just have to deal with it," Conrad said as Belly exhaled.

"You shouldn't have to go through this alone," Belly said as Conrad smiled.

"Well..." Conrad said looking at Belly.

"I'm not alone. I have you. I have my friends over here at Brown. Plus I also have your family. I'll never be alone," Conrad said.

"You hold back so many things, Con, it was difficult for your mom to know what was going on, and she was with you for 18 years every day," Belly said as Conrad exhaled.

"Well, that is definitely me. Hiding everything," Conrad said.

"I don't want you to hide. Never," Belly said as Conrad exhaled.

"I don't think I'll ever trust a girl the way I trust you. And that says a lot from where I was a year ago," Conrad said.

"Maybe there is still hope then," Belly said as she kissed Conrad.