Chapter 4

Conrad and Belly were in the car driving while Belly felt like she was in an entire different universe. She and Conrad never spoke about the break-up at Susannah's funeral and after Jeremiah's death neither had reached out to one another. The pain was too bad and they didn't know how to approach it. But all of a sudden, Belly showed up at Cousins, wanting to help Conrad and wanting to continue their lives together. But she didn't know how all of this could end.

"You know, I actually went to Jeremiah last year about us," Conrad said while Belly looked at him.

"Wait what? Why?" Belly asked as Conrad smiled.

"Belly, I wanted to be with you. But I wanted to make sure that Jere was cool with us," Conrad said.

"He wasn't with Thanksgiving. I heard the conversation that the two of you had," Belly said as Conrad exhaled.

During their relationship, Belly and Conrad made sure that if there was a holiday that they were able to spend it together, especially since she was in Philadelphia and he was at Brown. But the one holiday, Thanksgiving, the Conklin's and Fisher's had spend the day together. Belly and Steven went up to Boston with Conrad and they had spend the whole weekend there. But after dinner and everything, Jeremiah made it clear to Conrad that he didn't want to see him and Belly together at the house. Not if they would be dating and had requested that he would tell him if they would be together at the house. It broke Conrad, but he knew that his brother still liked Belly, so he had respected his decision.

"I really hoped you didn't. Did my mom?" Conrad asked as Belly shook her head.

"Susannah was going through her closet with my mom. She didn't hear anything," Belly said as Conrad nodded.

"This time, I want us to do things right, Belly. I know we spend almost every summer here, but what if I go to Philadelphia this time? Spending time with Steven doesn't sound bad, and then we can kinda make him feel at ease about the relationship this time," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"That sounds like an amazing idea, Conrad," Belly said and smiled.