Chapter 15 - An Unexpected Turn - Projekt Red Route

I was heading to doctor Kal'tsit's office late one the morning for my appointment with her. I knocked on the door, yet there was no response. Strange. Time was 10:59. My appointment was at 11:00. I knocked again with no response.

-''Doctor Kal'tsit?'' I asked through the door.

Yet all this time I could hear no response coming forth. Usually she would respond with ''come in''. She was meticulous when it came to arranging her schedule and her meetings.

-I'm coming in doctor.

The door was unlocked to my surprise. She would always close it if she wasn't present. Inside there was no one but Projekt Red standing in a corner. I was a bit surprised and suspicious of this situation I have to admit.

-Excuse me Red, I had an appointment with Doctor Kal'tsit at this hour.
-She is not here.
-That I can see.

Then silence as we stared at each other.

-Where are you going?
-Getting myself a cup of cappuccino from her coffee machine. It will be least she will permit while waiting for her.
-You should leave.
-''Maybe you should leave instead?'' I said as I was already preparing my drink from the coffee apparatus.
-''I'm different.'' Red said.
-''We are all different Red.'' I said as I finished my drink and tasted it.

Perfect blend. I sat on the small couch in her room and placed my cup on the table besides. I then waited. Projekt Red had turned around with my every move and continued to have me under her gaze.

-''Is there a problem?'' I asked.
-I don't trust you here.
-Why?

She didn't answer.

-Do you suspect I may shuffle through her confidential files? That I will look maybe for weaknesses to bring Rhodes Island down? To sell you out to your enemies? Or perhaps leave a deadly little trick behind me for her to find?

What was I doing? I was trying to poke her reactions and see where it would get. But against my expectations she suddenly landed hard onto me on the couch. Knife ready at my throat!

-''You will harm nobody.'' She said, cold, simple and to the point.

I was surprised. But that was all that she would do. Keep me under close and deadly surveillance. Of course this special assassin under Kal'tsit's direct supervision would guard her office. I knew that from the beginning. I only played with fire for some reason. And I chuckled visibly. Red seamed a bit unsure at my reaction, someone else in my place would have shown fear or even dread.

-''Oh Red. You should really stop being so gullible. You need to show restraint when someone is poking for your reactions.'' I said sincerely.

The position we were in was an awkward one to say the least. She was sitting with her legs spread on my lap, pinning me, and we were face to face. I could admire her bright yellow eyes and her beautiful and ever so deadly serious face. She lowered her knife, putting it back in her jacket and was preparing to scoot off of me when I quickly caught her attention. Deep inside wanting to prolong this moment with my deadly would be killer.

-Red.
-''Hmm?'' She looked at me with light curiosity in her eyes.
-Could I touch your ears? They look soft and fluffy.

She looked indecisive if maybe with a bit of hidden surprise. But I felt her muscles relaxing again, stopping from getting off of me.

-Hmm, you may.

She said as she pulled the hoody off her head. And she looked intimidating this grey wolf upon me. I slowly raised my hands, putting my left one on her right shoulder and using my right to caresses her head and the base of her ear, making my way slowly up and down. She seamed content to let me feel as I did.